tuscl

Touchdown in Taiwan. No passengers were hurt in the making of this film

Estafador
BIG APPLE
Tuesday, August 2, 2022 5:22 PM
I couldn't find the thread where someone was talking about Pelosi flying over Taiwan but if you don't know, she went for dipolmatic purposes it seems thus far. [view link] Lets see if china is all talk or will they retaliate in some way.

38 comments

• san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan despite China warning US will 'pay the price' - BBC News [view link] See moment Nancy Pelosi steps off plane in Taiwan [view link] US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi lands in Taiwan amid Chinese warnings | Latest English News | WION [view link] Remind me again, had their been Republicans on the Nov Ballot? SJG This girl little bit older and heavier, looks a little more garish. She has an appeal. [view link]
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Dear China, we will trade you San Jose Guy for 2 boxes of Fortune Cookies.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ Shailynn riding along with his mom in the Pacifica is boring, relatives in Scottland aslep, so texting to Mainland China. SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Don’t sue me Lloyd!!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shailynn actually has quite a fan club, lots of old ladies that watch on TV, prayer hankys in hand. This is why the Pastor of the West Texas Christian Glee Club got him the cell phone. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Pelosi in Taiwan, Newshour [view link] SJG Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan is expected to cost tax payers over $90 million for security, allocation of US military presence, and more. All this for her to get a private tour of the Nvidia chip factory after she purchased millions in shares using insider info. Meanwhile, the Dems can’t decide what their China Policy is: -John Kirby at the White House yesterday: "...We do not support Taiwan independence" -Pelosi in a statement today: "our congressional delegation's visit to Taiwan honors America’s unwavering commitment to supporting Taiwan’s vibrant democracy." China has deployed its Navy to encircle Taiwan and carry out “ military exercises”.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The Democratic position continues to be consistent with the US Taiwan relations act, as Biden continues to make clear. Pelosi's visit is important because we are showing that the US will not be intimidated. SJG Figueroa [view link] Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • Jasdoit
    2 years ago
    Man she called China’s bluff. Bigger balls than agent Orange.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ YES, I AGREE! And I don't believe for a minute that Biden did not want her to go. He was just saying that so that they can needle Beijing all the better. Remind me, had their been Republicans on the Nov Ballot? SJG Figueroa [view link] Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Dear China, make that 1 box of fortune cookies for San Jose Guy.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shailynn and his mom are direct dependents of the people who brought long horn cattle from Scotland to Texas. But the problem with that kind of cattle is that while fine for open range drives, they take up too much space in trucks and trains. Shailynn's UK relatives are waking up now and they like to hear Shailynn talk because he is whinny like they are. SJG Figueroa [view link] This girl little bit older and heavier, looks a little more garish. She has an appeal because she gets out there and shows her stuff. Full height stripper shows and lots of makeup, but not much else. [view link] Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Nancy made her move. Now, China will respond. One option that has been discussed, both within China and in the US, would be for China to blockade Taiwan. They’ve already encircled Taiwan with their Navy. Not only would a blockade crush Taiwan’s economy but it would stop the flow of semi-conductors to the rest of the world. That would make the current supply chain issues look trivial. The US would enter depression territory. It’s only fair to say Nancy called China’s bluff if they don’t respond. We don’t know that yet.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    What you say is true. But this ambiguity in the status of Taiwan goes back to RMN's visit to China. After Tiananmen Square there has been a lot of negative sentiment toward Beijing. And China has been getting more boisterous and more militaristic. Right now the one with the hardest job in the world is Joe Biden. SJG Figueroa [view link] This girl little bit older and heavier, looks a little more garish. She has an appeal because she gets out there and shows her stuff. Full height stripper shows and lots of makeup, but not much else. [view link] Jane - School of Rock [view link]
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    China says upcoming drills will include firing missiles over the island of Taiwan
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Not good! The guy with the hardest job in the world right now if Joe Biden. But I am certain that he is the best man for that. SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Dear China, WE will give you 2 boxes of fortune cookies if you take San Jose Guy.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Pretty soon Shailynn and his mom will be pulling into San Angelo. Now they have one strip club, and with Juice Shailynn would go there. But now with just his mom, they have to get directly to the West Texas Christian Glee Club event. SJG
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    One of the sources [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ Taiwan has always been about conflicting ambiguities. SJG
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Another source. [view link]
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    If Chinese liberators showed up I'd welcome them. I'd support a un mission to disarm and democratize us.
  • wld4tatas
    2 years ago
    This is a rare occasion when many conservatives will admire Nancy Pelosi, in secret of course
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lol! Dream on!
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Any diplomatic mission should have a goal in mind. Every possible outcome from Pelosi’s visit is worse than if she hadn’t visited. She has no goal, no positive outcome. It provokes the Chinese, incents them to retaliate, and puts Taiwan at much greater risk.
  • wld4tatas
    2 years ago
    The main objective is obviously to reaffirm and demonstrate American support for Taiwan to both China, Taiwan and the entire region. Of course, if she hadn't visited Taiwan, the right wing media would be ablaze with comments on how the US has become weak under Biden. Though we know the right wing media doesn't have a great reputation.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Here is what China is doing in response to Nancy’s visit. -Military exercises and missile tests surrounding Taiwan - Banning dozens of imports from Taiwan to China, Taiwan’s main trading partner -Cyberattacks on Taiwan government computers -Crack down on dissidents supporting Taiwan -Diplomatic protests
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ and if she wouldn’t have gone you’d be complaining about we look weak to the Chinese Please Mark you’re so transparent it’s useless
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Actually the agenda was outed by minority leader McCarthy to force her hand and set up people like Mark to criticize no matter whether she stopped in Taiwan or not.
  • Hank Moody
    2 years ago
    The Ukraine Russia war has proven that conflict is better solved without war. If it wouldn’t cost Russia so much in reputation to withdraw now, my guess is Putin is wishing he never invaded. Now he can’t get out. If China tells us we can’t send government officials to Taiwan, we need to send them every day of the week and twice on Sunday. The long game is that it may prevent a Chinese invasion and forcing us to have to make the decision to fight or let them have Taiwan. Incidentally, members of congress have been visiting Taiwan forever. Lindsey Graham was there in April with a bipartisan delegation. This is a USA issue, not a democrat republican issue. Arguments to the contrary just serve to divide us from within. Shitbags.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Nancy Pelosi’s visit to Taiwan prompts outrage from China l GMA [view link] Ex-CIA chief predicts Chinese President's next moves after Pelosi's Taiwan trip [view link] China Responds To Pelosi's Taiwan Visit With Military Drills [view link] China retaliates against Pelosi's Taiwan visit [view link] Nancy Pelosi in Taiwan Live | Nancy Leaves From Taiwan | Nancy Pelosi Taiwan Visit | Live News LIVE [view link] Pelosi departs Taiwan amid Chinese military drills | Morning in America [view link] Speaker Pelosi Has Right to Visit Taiwan: Kirby [view link] White House on Pelosi's potential Taiwan stop, Ukraine grain shipment and more [view link] Chinese leaders slam Nancy Pelosi for Taiwan visit | USA TODAY [view link] Bay Area Taiwanese-Americans react to Speaker Pelosi's visit to Taiwan [view link] Taiwan tensions: Could Taiwan defend itself against China? [view link] SJG
  • Tiburon
    2 years ago
    holy smokes. Nvidia is the ONLY semi-conductor chip maker in the world. E-gad. What terrible scenario.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Would it have been better if Pelosi had gone to Formosa instead?
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Seems questionable that Republicans care about protecting democracy in Taiwan, when they don't care about protecting it here. Just a bunch of politicians on the teat of military contractors, stirring the pot with China to keep US weapons spending high.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I am glad Pelosi went, just to stand up to China with its history of human rights abuses. But I also know that there is going to be a huge world wide arms build up, on account of Ukraine and Taiwan. Big expansion into sophisticated high tech weapons. That Javelin Missile has proved so important. And they we want hypersonic weapons, which Russia has something of. A new thinking that says that it is possible for nuclear armed states to shoot at each other in some situations. [view link] SJG Figueroa will be getting better now that CA has lifted the loitering with intent law [view link] miggs : "Let The Games Begin" starring LINDSAY LOHAN (OFFICIAL VIDEO) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    China fires missiles near Taiwan following Pelosi visit l GMA [view link] Fallout From Pelosi’s Taiwan Trip [view link] Was Pelosi's Taiwan trip bad for U.S. business? Here are both sides of the issue [view link] China launches missiles into Taiwan strait after Pelosi visit [view link] China Denounces G7 Statement on Taiwan Question [view link] Pelosi's Power (full documentary) | FRONTLINE (4 months ago, quite interesting) [view link] SJG
  • emilio42
    2 years ago
    In all truthfulness, I’ve never been a fan of Pelosi, but this is some gangster move that is worthy of admiration. She basically gave a big fat middle finger to Biden and basically called China’s bluff. She deserves to be the most powerful woman in America and if you hate her it is only because you have been brainwashed by the two party system that pits Americans against each other for inconsequential differences. The fact is she’s brought billions of federal dollars into her state and she has excelled at representing the constituents of her state more than any other politician. I am glad she went to Taiwan, other politicians spend the same amount of money playing golf.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    China was furious at Pelosi's Taiwan visit, but its response leaves some wondering how far Xi is willing to go [view link] emilio42, I don't believe for a single moment that there was any disparity of views between Pelosi and Biden. That was all for public consumption, especially for Beijing. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion