tuscl

OT: Footblall royalty chooses which college to attend

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
"Top Recruit, Football Royalty Arch Manning Announces College Choice"

University of Texas won the sweepstakes for Arch Manning, the quarterback with a Hall of Fame pedigree and the biggest recruiting prize in college football.

Manning is the grandson of former NFL quarterback Archie Manning, and the nephew of Canton-bound superstars Peyton and Eli Manning. He was the consensus No. 1 recruit from the class of 2023, and on Thursday chose the Longhorns over Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Clemson.

Manning’s father, Cooper, played wide receiver at Ole Miss. Uncle Peyton Manning starred at University of Tennessee before going on to becoming one of the greatest NFL quarterbacks of all time, while Eli Manning played at Ole Miss before an illustrious NFL career that saw him win two Super Bowls with the New York Giants.

The decision gives Texas Coach Steve Sarkisian a huge win following a dismal 5-7 debut season last year and could prompt more blue-chip prep stars to commit to Austin.

The 6-foot, 4-inch, 215-pound signal caller has one more season at Isidore Newman High School in New Orleans, where he is also a three-year letterman off the defending state champion boys basketball team. In three years as the school’s starting quarterback, Manning has thrown for 6,307 yards and 81 touchdowns while rushing for another 18 scores. Last year, Manning led his team to a Newman to a 7-3 record and a Louisiana Division III state semifinal appearance.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/top-recru…

19 comments

• Muddy
    2 years ago
    This is probably the most hyped high school kid since Lebron. Or maybe Bryce Harper at least.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Go where the money is? Texas football has been a shit show for over a decade. They’ve had more head coach’s in that decade than threads SJG bumps in a month on TUSCL.

He’s going to have a relatively new coach, good teams like Houston and Cincy coming in to the Big12 and then oh, he’ll be in the SEC for the latter part of his college career. I imagine super wealthy Texas donors are ponying up more money than Payton’s first NFL contract for Archie but damn, he should have went to USC and dominated the PAC for the next 4 years.

Maybe everything works out but man this is risky IMO.

BTW - dumbest move ever Texas and Oklahoma going into the SEC.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    AFAIK the current TX HC, Steve Sarkisian, is considered a very-good offensive/QB coach and play-caller - one can assume the Manning kid will do well under him and good chance he can put up video-game-stats - although those are only assumptions at this point - TX is also among the most fertile recruiting grounds in the the nation so they have a good chance at having talent on the team - so one can "assume" with Manning; Sarkisian; a deep-pocketed-program; and lots of in-state talent; that it could work well.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    “this decision was all ABOUT the NIL max money..“

I didn’t know there was a max on NIL. Isn’t the whole point of NIL that that NCAA can’t regulate it ?
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    About a hundred years ago, the Ivy League was a powerhouse in college athletics. Do you know what schools currently have the wealthiest alumni ? The Ivy League.

In the era of NIL, it’s possible that Harvard and Yale could once again compete for national titles. It’s a crazy world we live in.
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    As a dawg fan I hate to see one get away... However our QB room has two 5 stars, one 4 star, and a walk on that won the Natty.... Not sure we will miss Arch that much, but I wish him well
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    I am finding this discussion really entertaining - much more entertaining than the TUSCL take on politics, guns, or poverty. This might be my two favorite things: college football and strippers. There is no better way to spend a Saturday afternoon in the fall than watching a game (or 2 or 3) in a bar, with a half naked stripper on your lap. NIL has definitely changed the game, and likely in ways that we have not yet anticipated. Arch Manning is a big deal. Hopefully he can live up to the hype.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    I just want to know how much the Texas Alum are going to pay Arch. Eventually, I expect NIL amounts will eventually become standardized. A 3 star LB gets $X. A 4 star WR gets $Y. Amounts will be surveyed and published.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    NIL is gonna get out of hand fast and it sucks for those mid level programs. Unless you’re an OSU, Bama, Clemson or Oklahoma fan you shouldn’t like this deal. There’s no way a team like Mississippi St or Utah is ever going to have a legitimate chance of even being in the conversation of a playoff game. Let’s face it, if this was 5 years ago and NIL didn’t exist I doubt Archie would be committing to Texas. They couldn’t even have a winning record in an absolutely horrible Big12 conference last year where Oklahoma almost got beat by Tulsa.

This is a monster the NCAA committed on their caving to the pressure of pay to play but not wanting to share their own money. Eventually they’ll have to reign it in but won’t be able to the longer it goes without being addressed. Just look at what happened between Bama and TA&M already, can’t wait until those two meet on October 8.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    I agree that NIL $ will eventually become standardized, but more likely according to conference- for parity, consistent with the revenues generated by TV deals,etc. So a SEC QB would be paid more than a MAC linebacker.
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    There have been the same 5 or 6 teams in the playoffs every year, and NIL will guarantee that it stays this way.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^^ couldn’t agree with your statements more… and yes a SEC quarterback deserves to be paid more than a MAC linebacker. I guess with the new shifts it kinda evens the playing field out a little. Once the Big 12 gets reset it will be level between the teams. Big 10 is okay. PAC and SEC will be lopsided. If they keep it at 4 playoff spots, and an underdog can sneak in at least once every 2-3 years I think most won’t complain. We see what happened when an underdog sneaks in - ND, Cincy, Michigan.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... There have been the same 5 or 6 teams in the playoffs every year, and NIL will guarantee that it stays this way ..."

Wouldn't that be an argument that other teams would now have a chance via NIL?
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    One would assume as a top-recruit Arch got paid - but then again he comes from a wealthy family so he wouldn't be in the same financial situation as most players and not as needy for NIL $$$.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    For many top-players the NIL $$$ takes them from the poor-house to a good-life -Arch likely has alway$ had a good life
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    There are only 3 conferences in Football.... NFC, AFC, and the SEC
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^ NIL helps keep this statement true. If you’re a fan of a college football team outside of the SEC then it’s easy not like them. With Oklahoma coming in they are essentially guaranteeing they will have 2 teams in a 4 team playoff every year. 3 teams possible? Maybe? You figure most years it’ll be 2 SEC teams, an ACC team and a Big10 team. A PAC team or a Big12 team or Norte Dame will sneak in now and then. If this SEC is that big and dominant then they deserve to have at least 2 teams in there, no matter how much everyone else hates it.
  • mark94
    2 years ago
    Alabama has recruited well because of its tradition and coach. It does not have the wealthy alumni like Texas or Texas A&M. That’s why Saban is so pissed. There will be a shake up at the top.
  • theeastcoast757
    2 years ago
    ^^go take your meds please it’s really showing that you are off them
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion