• mark94
    2 years ago
    Trying the link again [view link]
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I was pissed when it went to $.35.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Nice good times. Shit is that another world oh wait hold on guys I gotta put another $70 in the tank.
  • clubdude
    2 years ago
    I remember going to a gas station in the late 70s. Gas had gone up to .77. I drove off thinking that was outrageously high. Fast forward 40 years, and I'm jumping for joy at gas for 2.50!
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    A few years ago, not that many really I would say anything over $1.60 is too much for gas, a little over a year ago it was $2.50, look where we're at now. It's not just sad it's criminal!
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    A little before my time, but really cool pics of what life was like before cellphones and computers - when you actually had to go out and interact in person with one another. It’s hard not to be nostalgic looking at pics like this, but one has to really put things in perspective. Yes, gas was .33 / gal (it tripled in price 2 years later), but my dad was making $8K per year in 1972, and we were considered suburban middle class.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Pumping gas was a great summer job.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    In case anyone wonders what all the pics have in common: thin people. The pics may be about cars, but the babes are spinners.....
  • Chili Palmer
    2 years ago
    It was a great time...then, of course, LAPD ruined it. Made it illegal to drive past the same location twice in an hour to shut try and shut down the cruising. Fuck heads.
  • londonguy
    2 years ago
    I don’t know the average price over there but here we are paying the equivalent of over $7 a gallon.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I paid $4.45 for regular today.
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    That's a bit before my time. But I remember my senior year of college in Virginia in 1998, the Sheetz around the corner from my apartment was at 89 cents a gallon. Sigh...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion