tuscl

RIP Ray Liotta 1954-2022

Just the best. One of the coolest actors ever. https://nypost.com/2022/05/26/goodfellas…

29 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Sorry to hear that, great actor.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    I liked him, good actor, sorry to see this news. RIP Ray
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    He was a cool guy damn too young , he was in some great movies too, I especially liked him in Goodfellows
    R. I. P.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    He was amazing in Goodfellas. Aged badly though.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?!?!?

One of the best mobster actors ever.

My wife loved some shitty TV series he was in with Jennifer Lopez who is the hottest woman on the planet that is 50 or older.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    he was also great in turbulence and no escape.
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    RIP
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    I thought he was hilarious in Observe and Report. I don't think all that many people saw that one, but it and he was funny in a dark, dark way.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Wow. I hadn’t heard. RIP

“Dominick and Eugene”

A bit of a sleeper that was a pretty good film. With Jamie Lee Curtis and Thomas Hulce
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I remember him playing Sinatra in The Rat Pack.

Curious to hear if they say anything more about his health and the cause of death.

SJG
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Like everyone else I thought he was great in Goodfellas but I think his best work was as a dying patient on ER. He really nailed that character and showed a great range of emotions. It was one of the highlights of the later years of ER after most of the original cast was gone.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Liked him in Hannibal when Lecter gave a lobotomy and served him his own brains.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2P-NOVY…
  • kilgoretrout12
    2 years ago
    Overshadowed in Field of Dreams but was a great "Shoeless Joe."
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    RIP Ray Liotta. A great actor, with several memorable roles.

I know his Goodfellas performance was the performance of a lifetime.

I liked him in Copland. There were a number of well known stars in that movie.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I agree cash. And he’s a local dude too from union. Although with that name probably from woulda guessed that either way.

You could make the case he was the star of the greatest movie of all time, what a role that was.

As guys like Ray Liotta and Bruce Willis are gone we get new actors are the biggest pussies in the world to replace them. It’s hitting me, Ray Liotta was the man. I’m gonna try to catch some movies of his I haven’t seen yet.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Shailynn said "My wife loved some shitty TV series he was in with Jennifer Lopez who is the hottest woman on the planet that is 50 or older."

I agree that she's still very hot. But I'm going to mention that Elizabeth Hurley ( https://www.instagram.com/elizabethhurle… ) and Salma Hayek ( https://www.instagram.com/salmahayek/ ) are in the same league.

I'm not a huge Stallone fan, but "Copland" is a fantastic movie with both him and Liotta.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    ^^ CMI
    I'm gonna have to watch Copland again. I saw it in the movies way back when it came out and my whole group didn't like it. But I've heard a lot of people think it's great. We were probably too fucked up to appreciate it. Shit, I didn't like Pulp Fiction the first time, and now it's my 2nd favorite next to Scarface.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    He also had some good comedy roles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_JFbEP…
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    "Copland" isn't a typical Stallone movie. It's a more serious, suspenseful crime drama. And Stallone doesn't play a badass. That's why I liked it. If you're looking for something like Rambo IV or Rocky VI, then you'll be disappointed.

But give it another shot and see what you think.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    >>I'm gonna have to watch Copland again. I saw it in the movies way back when it came out and my whole group didn't like it.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I was going to say that's a pretty tough crowd you got there buddy, I thought Cop Land was pretty good when I first saw it
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Copland is an excellent movie!
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Ok, rented it. 25 minutes in... I forgot Annabella Sciorra was in it, and what a fucking hot piece of ass.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Oh and Cathy Moriarty. She was hot as fuck as Ackroyd's slut wife in Neighbors. Still looks pretty good here.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    There were some big name stars in Copland. Each time I watch it - I remember another name that I missed.

Ray Liotta gave a great performance in that film - and there were several impressive performances in that film.

I rewatched it, and Liotta’s performance is impressive. RIP Ray.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Yeah, it was pretty good, and was interesting seeing Stallone in a more serious role and not so gung ho.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    He had a small uncredited role in “Date Night”

A fun comedy/drama with Steve Carell and Tina Fey. Worth a watch.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I read he Scorsese wanted him to play Mark Wahlbergs character in the Departed. Liotta wanted to too but he was already committed to another movie and he couldn’t get out of it. To me, Liotta would’ve been a big upgrade, I would love to have seen that happen
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    Copland is on Action Max right now. Probably would have clicked by it if not for this discussion.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion