tuscl

Autistic

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Autistic, and no I’m not talking about Reddit wallstreetbets or SJG.

I was at a random small poker room in a random small town recently. 2 employees were what I assumed autistic. One worked the counter and the other was a dealer. I was surprised the one could deal but he did an excellent job. Probably best dealer of the night. Efficient, but very shy. Makes sense, most people that are autistic are good (quick) at math and very organized in some aspects of their life, two things I feel are required to be an effective poker dealer.

It warms my heart to see these people doing a job I hope they like. Okay enough sappy shit I am seriously glad someone like this can assimilate in society and hopefully make strides.

Maybe I’m way off and these were just two quirky AF MFers, but see Muddy there’s hope for you after all!!!!

19 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    Well, if you wanted to keep a thread going for the next decade, you picked the perfect title.

Don't worry. SJG will be here as soon as the library opens to tell you all about his #1 trigger word. And then every day after that until the San Jose Public Library staff pools their funds to hire a hit man.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    *Special Ed voice* Yay!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I’d describe them as idiot savants.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^^ or as SJGs case - just plain “idiots”
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    https://youtu.be/Zz-ds_RjYC4

Waiting on sjg to go ful sjg lulz
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    And of course the mentally disabled can be productive members of society with the right treatment and therapy
  • jackslash
    2 years ago
    Alucard, I think, was diagnosed with autism. Or Asperger syndrome.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    In my industry (software) autism is very common. I bet 60% of the people I work with day to day have autism to some degree. It’s weird as fuck, but after a while you get used to it. I used to work in IT where 60% off people are dumbshits. I don’t know which is worse, honestly.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    It is great to hear of folks who are able to become contributing members of society. That is a difficult job, and it’s impressive to hear of how they can use certain skills to do that job!

I hope SJG doesn’t go all Falling Down on this discussion - with his views on certain folks.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Drew - when I was with AT&T in my younger days, there were stories of guys who worked at Bell Labs, who were brilliant intellects, but some would only walk backwards, or only wear certain colors. I was very curious to stroll the halls when I would be required to attend meetings at those facilities.

I think they weren’t only technologists, but I’m sure IT has a high percentage of functioning autistics.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Computer people are weird and anti social for yhe most part. What some of these tech companies do and the way they gentrify areas is disgusting to say the least.

And they're the types who go stalker on stripper hoes the most
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @Cash: Bell Labs is legendary, this is where the best and brightest went back in the day. Those guys would have been ultra weird to compliment their ultra brilliance. Imagine the smell as well! Haha My dad was recruited to work there in the 60s, he went to build bombs for the navy instead. I wonder how that would have shaped him differently!
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @icy: can’t disagree with any of that
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I've seen what Google did to venice beach. Zappos to downtown Las Vegas. They suck the soul out of places
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Same with Amazon here. At least Microsoft was out in the middle of nowhere, literally on the site of an old chicken ranch.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    There is no such thing as Autism, it is a hoax. And that Rainman Autistic Savant type is refuted even within the Autism Movement.

SJG

Christine Keeler - Profumo Scandal
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcVjxwUc…
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ I'm sure that no one saw that coming.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    Autism is real. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/a…

Your sex cult is a hoax.

• san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    That government agencies and medial schools support the idea is not the resolution to anything, it is the locus of the problem. The idea is being resurrected from the Nazi Eugenics Movement.

The Social Construction of Autism: Identity Politics in Our Culture by Sami Tamimi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABz7ICa…

My Organization is perfectly real, though it is just in its infancy with only a handful of people and no legal incorporation yet.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion