tuscl

Pennsylvania clubs

Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:54 AM
I've been stuck home alone all day because of this ice storm the Northeast is having (and I hope all you Midwesterners survived yesterday.) And I spent more time today than usual farting around on the computer because I couldn't do much else. And I came across StripClubList which I didn't know still existed (I used to write reviews for them before TUSCL came along.) And just out of curiousity I read the reviews of a lot of clubs in my area. And was interested to see that the top rated club in Philly on that site is Show-N-Tell Showbar. And the top rated club in the state is Pleasure Dome. I've been to both clubs, and while they wouldn't be my first choices I don't disagree that they're both very special places worth going out of your way to visit. Thought you all might like to know that, in case you ever get a chance to visit Penn's Woods. Anyone else here ever been to either place?

7 comments

• ralphyboy
    17 years ago
    Never been to the Dome, but IMHO S&T is the best club (and that includes a couple hi-mileage favs across the river in Jersey)in the Delaware Valley. Of course it all depends on your fit and taste-but for my money it's nude, BYO, accessible and safely located, consistently well run with little (other than gurlz) turnover with a nice live and let live vibe. Not much for lapping (too open and expensive)unless you opt for the pricey privates in back (I don't). Flanked by two other fine joints in walking distance too-make it a trifecta. The big, new Ikea down the street is the perfect 'honey I'm going shopping' fairy tale.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Ralphy, S&T isn't my cup of tea, it seems too much like a fraternity party where they hired some strippers, and I outgrew fraternity parties about 45 years ago. But the private dances (if you can call them that) are very special and they had some surprisingly attractive and friendly girls working on my one visit. It's not hard to see why some people whose tastes are a little different than mine would love the place, especially younger guys. My favorite Philly area club is Club Risque in Bristol. And I think the best club in the state is Filly Corral Showbar. Partner's Tavern probably runs a close second, followed by Pleasure Dome. My favorite NJ club is Erotic Cafe. I'd be a regular at any of those 5 clubs if I lived close enough. Bones, you should try Filly Corral sometime, it's not that far for you.
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    Will be going to Philadelphia next week. After reading all the reviews I plan to visit Show and Tell. Seems like it offers the best private dances for the money. Will be short on time so I just want the best bang for a short visit. Would appreciate any advice from local guys. Is the selection of girls better during the day or night? Is the location safe and easy to locate?
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Snowtime, it's been years since I've been to S&T so my info is probably outdated. But from the reviews here and elsewhere it doesn't sound like it has changed much. S&T is unlike any club I've ever seen elsewhere, it's more of a sex emporium than a strip club. You enter through an adult bookstore and go out the back door. At that point you can turn either left or right. If you turn right you go through an entrance to the strip club, where girls dance nude on stage and give lap dances of two types - dances in the open or dances in private rooms at a per song price. If you turn left, there are other girls standing outside little rooms offering bed dances at a price per minute. I don't know which is the best deal, you'll have to ask, and I don't know which is the most contact, it probably depends on the girl, but the place is known for very high contact. The bed dances are done in the nude, I'm not sure about the laps but my guess is that they are too. The place is BYOB, guys bring in coolers and sit on them, there is little other seating, most everyone stands like at a party. The stage is separated from the room by restraining ropes about 5 feet away and you tip the girls by throwing crumpled bills at their crotch. If you hit it you win some sort of prize, maybe a trip on stage? It's very raunchy and draws a very young crowd, all drinking beer, which is why it feels like a fraternity party to me. It's located in an industrial area near the river south of downtown. Parking is onstreet only but not difficult. It's also a fairly safe area - we're talking the city of brotherly love here - but I wouldn't stagger around drunk late at night. I was only there at night and the girls were surprisingly attractive for a dump like this, I don't know what it's like during the day. It's very popular and there are several other clubs in the area. Let us know if it's changed. Good luck and happy lapping (or bedding.)
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    FONDL: Thanks for the swift reply. As always your comments are insightful and well thought out. I am looking forward to my visit to S&T and will try and give a detailed review upon my return South. Since I don't drink much I am fine with BYOB, I go moslty to look at the girls and get a good LD. Thanks again.
  • quimby
    17 years ago
    FONDL - Wow, you really get around... I agree with your recomendation for Partners Tavern just east of Erie Pa. Lately with club business everywhere on something of a downturn, Partners has had as many as 24 dancers chasing about 20 customers...
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Quimby, I used to really get around, mostly on business - a couple years ago I identified 120 different clubs I'd been to in answer to a question here. Unfortunately I don't get around anymore since I retired. It's a lot harder for me to go clubbing now and I haven't set foot in a SC in more than 2 years. I've gotten into the habit of spending my money on massages (the legitimate kind) instead.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion