tuscl

Good Article As To How Competitive The Housing Market Still Is

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Home Costs $800K, but You Can't Look in the Basement

http://newser.com/s319348

16 comments

• Muddy
    3 years ago
    It's fucking nuts. People are buying homes unseen, can you imagine doing that.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Our currency is collapsing. There are also complete structurally unworkable things about our economic system. The COVID shut down has surfaced this.

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Housing has to be a basic human right not a commodity to profiteer off if
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Someone can sell a house with a squatter living in the basement? Somebody should tell SJG's mom that all she has to do to be free of him is sell her house this way.

For sale - 3 bed / 2ba home in beautiful San Jose California includes 1 squatter and 1 goat in the basement. Potential buyers should not look at lower level - violating this rule may cause mental anguish and the urge to gouge your eyes out after seeing what the squatter does with his goat.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^ for sale somewhere, house with a broom closet and whodey sucking his own cock.

SJG
  • rickmacrodong
    3 years ago
    Icey there won’t be any houses left if we listened to your prior advice of attacking landlords
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    “For sale - 3 bed / 2ba home in beautiful San Jose California includes 1 squatter and 1 goat in the basement. Potential buyers should not look at lower level - violating this rule may cause mental anguish and the urge to gouge your eyes out after seeing what the squatter does with his goat.”

Also add - purple huffy bike chained to fence outside, please do not remove. Also must provide free internet access with no adult content restrictions to goat and squatter in basement.
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Yeah I find it wild that people are paying WAYYY over asking price just about everywhere I know of and going into crazy bidding wars and everybody skips the home inspection.

I cannot imagine buying a house for way over asking price and not even knowing if there is something fucked up with the electrical or some other high dollar fix(es).
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    ^^ I think people are racing because supply is scarce and interest rates are creeping by up fast. Still doesn’t make it a good idea.

My wife and I had that debate. “Wow we could sell our house for a ton of money, but then where do we go?”
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    I know an older couple who are selling their large, very nice suburban home so that they can live with their kids in a guest house.

This is the perfect market for them.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    A friend of mine moved locally, to be closer to work. The house they bought NEW in 2018 for $240,000, did about $100,000 improvements (sod, irrigation, fencing, caged pool, walk-in shed, appliances), listed for a week and a half, sold for $415,000 which was $15K over list, with an adder for up to an additional $15K against any competing offer. The homes which met their criteria were not listing for less than $400,000 and were usually under contract within a week. They wound up buying a 3500sf pool home which was in the tax rolls for maybe $375,000 and listed at $625,000, which they bought at list.

Everything has created a perfect storm for homebuying (as opposed to renting, particularly in an urban area).
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Every 15 or 20 years, there is a correction in an overblown housing market. And, this always shocks a generation of younger people who thought such things were impossible.

In the long run, the price of homes is linked to income levels. When prices accelerate faster than income, there must be an adjustment at some point. We are now entering such a correction. It will happen gradually, then all at once as speculators stop buying.

The markets that have seen the biggest appreciation will drop the most. Other markets will see little change.

• mark94
    3 years ago
    In a lot of markets, the median price of a home is now $500,000. A few months ago, when mortgages were 3%, that was affordable for a regular worker. Monthly mortgage of $1,500- $2,000. Now that mortgages are 5%, soon to be 6%, only high income workers can afford that home. Mortgages of $3,000-$4,000. We are fast approaching a point where, instead of multiple offers, home sellers will get no offers.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    $500,000.00 where I live buys you a home worth $200,000.00
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I am saving up da shitcoinz to buy a house
  • MackTruck
    3 years ago
    I getting a mansions 🏘️🏚️🏠🏡 I buy da hole dam street
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion