tuscl

Border crossing during covid

madmoneyg
California
Tuesday, March 1, 2022 3:23 AM
I’ve been to TJ a few times before Covid and I plan on going pretty soon but I’m a little hesitant. I usually cross into Mexico at around 8-9pm and head back to San Diego at around 2-3am. Has anyone gone that late lately? What I worry about is trying to get back to the states and being stranded in Mexico for the night. I know I could get a room but due to personal reasons, I can’t this time.

6 comments

• SanchoRG
    2 years ago
    Went a week or two ago. Zero line going back on foot at 4-5 am. Hell, I crossed back to the US, realized I forgot my car key (worst nightmare), crossed back into TJ, got my key and crossed back to the US in less than an hour at that time. You never know with the border tho. Longest wait I had was like 3 hoursish
  • TJ Walker
    2 years ago
    At that late, take the club's ride, don't use taxi. All 4 clubs have their own free ride. The US border is open 24/7.
  • Pointofklean
    2 years ago
    Had good experience with the HK shuttle. Took it both directions. Heading there myself in a few weeks.
  • mf92802
    2 years ago
    When I go it is always for 4 or 5 nights in a row and I always have a room in TJ and in SD. Due to logistical reasons I am there each night from 9pm to 5am. I always use the HK shuttle when available but be aware that in the morning if it is not actually there when you get there, they will tell you it will be five minutes and those will be five "Mexican minutes". I have waited over 30 minutes at times. Now if the shuttle is not actually there when I get there, I use a cab. Either way it is never an issue. Also note that most weekday mornings the line to return to the U.S. will get quite long starting at around 4am. If you have Global Entry you can simply skip the line.
  • caldo
    2 years ago
    Just crossed last Tuesday night at around 11pm. no line, no hassle. came back across at around 4:45am. no line, no hassle.
  • OrangeClown
    2 years ago
    Gentlemen, you'll have to excuse my boy, @Desertdouche. He's sensitive on the topic of STDs, after he was falsely led to believe it was impossible for him to contract them from his mom.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion