tuscl

Partially OT: S/Cs and Car Museums in Detroit

BaggerRider
Wisconsin
I think I am going to spend a day or two in Detroit near the end of March. I have pretty much decided on Flight Club and Landing Strip visits in the late afternoon/early night, are those good choices for a Wednesday or Thursday? I prefer mid to upper tier clubs, not at all interested in going to dives in cities I am not familiar with.

During the days I was hoping to visit a couple car museums, I'm mostly interested in late 60s and 70s muscle cars. Any suggestions on the best museums to visit? Also any suggestions on safe, decent places to stay? Is staying in Inkster a good idea, or are there better places?

7 comments

• whodey
    3 years ago
    There are a lot of Detroit locals with more info on the clubs than I have so I will leave that to them. I've stayed in Inkster before and it wasn't bad, not a high end area but it was safe enough.

For museums I would definitly recommend the Roush Museum because it has an amazing collection of high performance cars. The Stahls Collection just north of Detroit is also great, it is mostly earlier cars but they do have some muscle cars as well. Of course the big 3 automakers (Ford, Gm, Chrysler) all have museums in Detroit as well.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    Check out the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn. It has a wide range of vintage cars, but does not specialize in muscle cars.

https://www.thehenryford.org/visit/henry…

I can't think of any hotels I would recommend in Inkster. You can find many chain hotels along I-94 near the airport. Flight Club and Landing Strip are not far from the airport.
    3 years ago
    X2 for the Henry Ford. Add BTs to your list if you're in Dearborn anyway. Otherwise agree with LS and FC .
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    You flying in or driving in?

Here’s an out of date article that may help.
    https://tuscl.net/article.php?id=31263

There are plenty of nice hotels near the airport and in Dearborn, Inkster is in between the airport and Dearborn. Flight club and Landing strip are about 10-15 minutes apart off of Michigan Ave. Strangely I never found any decent restaurants near the airport, there are plenty of good ones in Dearborn.

There’s a Marriott near the airport that’s usually good priced and clean. My favorite hotel in the area is the Henry Autograph in Dearborn but sometimes the weekend rates really don’t justify the added cost over other options.

If you’re staying in Dearborn you will pass BTs, then 10 minutes down the road Flight Club, then another 10 minutes or so the Landing Strip (complete opposite of you’re staying by the airport).

It also wouldn’t hurt checking out BTs, it’s interior is similar quality to Landing Strip although of the 3 clubs, they would likely have the weakest dancer lineup, plus I believe it’s $20 to enter the lapdance area EVERY-TIME you go back there.

I can’t comment on current line ups because I haven’t been clubbing in Detroit since before COVID, but all 3 clubs mentioned offered very liberal lapdances the last time I was at all of them.

• BaggerRider
    3 years ago
    @shailynn - I will be driving to Detroit, but taking an Uber or cab to the clubs as I want to take an edible or two before, and don't like driving while high.

Thanks for all the info everyone, I appreciate it.
  • Longball300
    3 years ago
    If you are going to Uber.... the last time I was in The D I noticed three newer hotels right at the intersection of Michigan Avenue (Rt 12) and Telegraph (24); the southwest corner. This is the west edge of Dearborn and just east of Inkster border. This puts you smack in th middle of all the booty crack at FC, TLS, Criket and BT's. Dreamgirls is not far either. Read my reviews.

I strongly second a visit to the Henry Ford Museum and go get a burger at Miller's or Ford's Garage.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Yes! Check out Ford Garage for dinner like longball said. It’s just bar type food but they do a good job and it’s a nice atmosphere.

On the nights that I wanted to drink and Uber/cab it, Flight Club offered a car service to take me back to my hotel, I think it was around $10 plus tip. Not sure if they still offer that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion