tuscl

Do you give money to the homeless?

Icee Loco (asshole)
I'm a fucking loser
I used to. Now I sometimes offer alcohol or weed

9 comments

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    I don't pull out my wallet on the street, too afraid of getting rushed when I do, but I'll buy them a coffee or a donut.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    No I don't give money, and I certainly don't do what you do.

SJG

70s Electric Miles Davis Mix (Jazz, Jazz Funk, Jazz Rock, Fusion..)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBTQzsxf…
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Yes, I pay a LOT of income tax each year. The sad part of that is most of that money goes to pay for the healthcare of people that smoke cigarettes. But some of it provides for shelters, food and training for the homeless.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    It used to be that you'd see a bum in the same place all the time, and after a while you might hook him up with a couple bucks or a pack of cigarettes. I once gave a really warm coat to a guy I saw a lot outside a liquor store.

Nowadays if you see one bum/homeless you're gonna see about a hundred. So no, I'm not taking any money out.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Very infrequently. They’re all over the place where I work. I’d never give a cent to the semiconscious addicts with the cardboard signs. Garaunteed they’ll just score dope with it. Fuck that.
    I do give my change to a guy I see every so often claiming to be a vet with no legs.
    I hope it’s not stolen valor or an Eddie Murphy Trading Places con job.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    I think the big problem is even if we want to help we can't.

The big problem is mental illness and ptsd from being out on the streets.

Last time I bought food for a homeless person it was from Jack in the box. He threw it at me yelling he's a vegan. Homeless women offer p4p if you engage them. And a lit of younger people are tweaker. The elderly are afraid and mentally ill a lot of times.

I offer a little weed or some alcohol. It doesn't help but it numbs them a little
  • ElDuderino_AZ
    3 years ago
    I used to. Not so much anymore. But if somebody is at a freeway exit and wearing a hat saying he's a veteran, it's not uncommon for me to go get food, get on the freeway the opposite direction, get off, flip a bitch, and get back on to drop it off to him at the exit.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    If I give money I'll scrunch up a 20 and give it to an elderly person
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    God in Twitter:

“I’m profoundly offended by Mega Churches.

Build God a Mega Homeless Shelter and stop being fake Christians.”
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion