tuscl

Best weekday afternoon choice in Pompano Triangle

BroadwayJoe
New Jersey
Going down to FL in the middle of February with the boys. Our home base is West Palm Beach, and usually we hit the Spearmint Rhino... but we didn't like the recent changes and wanted to spread our wings. Thanks to this site, I'm interested in checking out the Pompano triangle (Booby's, Cheetahs, and Diamond Dolls).
If we were to head down in the evening, say on a Wed, Thurs or Friday (5pm?), which of the three is the best option? Best option defined as a good vibe, decent selection of dancers (different types), handy lapdances?
Thanks!

9 comments

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    Cheetah is where I went when I had the same choice on a Wednesday night last month. Flew into Miami and stopped here for one drink at nine. Closed the place.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    DD is more of a brothel, I'm not a fan but many PLs like it, Cheetah is probably your best bet, BT is a real party club, but it can get a bit rowdy, my personal favorite is Solid Gold about 15 minute away it has been a bit slow lately, but late afternoon shift Thursday and Friday is best.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    It's not in Pompano, but I like Cheetah Hallendale during the day. Technically no extras at C-H, but they have the friendliest two way dances just about anywhere. I'm not a fan of the club at night as it changes atmosphere at night. But during the day, it's fun.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    5pm is a bit of a danger zone. All three have shift change at around 7, so there is a lot of winding down around 6:30 and not many night shift girls on until after 7:30-8:30. So either you gotta wrap it up in 90 minutes, or settle in for while. Also, they're all close to each other so it's pretty easy to pop into one, grab a beer and survey the scene and move on if it's not your scene.

Cheetah Pompano in my opinion has the widest appeal. Best variety of dancers, options for table/lap dances, and rooms. Rooms are a little more expensive here than elsewhere. Usually mellow enough to not scare off the crowd that isn't there to party, but lively enough to not bore you to death. Dancers will sit and chat, but not hang out all day without making money. Girls will offer more than dances, but most are more than happy to do table or lap dances all day long.

Booby Trap is a little more party & and a little more extra focused than Cheetah. Dancers are a bit more variable, some days they're hot and others they're not. Girls will sit and chat for a while hoping to score big in the end. Rooms are less expensive than Cheetah and longer duration than DD.

DD is all about rooms. The atmosphere isn't bad or anything, but its just not really to my liking. Very little hanging out with strippers, most of the strippers congregate and talk to each other if they aren't doing a "Wanna dance" lap or in the rooms. The customers who are hanging are doing it with the bartenders or flirting with the waitresses. The service reflects the distractions. Hotness really depends on your tastes. Mostly fake tits and asses, many comically or tragically done. But if you just want a happy ending, it's quick and easy. Cold and mechanical too.

Gold Club & Solid Gold are options, but mostly super mellow with an older set of customers and dancers. On Wed, you'll be lucky to find more than 1 stripper in each place. Even on Thurs/Fri, there might be 5 at that time. The other three will have 25+ even on Wed, Cheetah will have 5 on stage at a time on Friday at 5pm. You could also try Cheetah in West Palm. Dancer quality is a good bit lower than Pompano, some don't do table dances. But it's mostly lively and fun without being totally party focused. I usually drive about 2x longer to go Pompano over Palm Beach. And I agree about SR.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    You should give Cheetah West Palm Beach a try; it's usually the best club in WPB.

Cheetah Pompano is probably the most liked all-around - the other 2 Pompano clubs are worth it but if ur only gonna try one then Cheetah Pompano is probably ur best bet.

The 3 clubs u mentioned + Cheetah WPB all also have solid dayshifts with DD having the weakest dayshift.

Just know that unlike most SoFlo clubs, the Pompano clubs close at 2am and thus get going earlier in the evening; late (5am+) closing clubs usually get going past 10pm.

Also know the clubs mentioned are heavily non-English-speaking Cuban-dancers and u won't find many if any American girls.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    You should read up some reviews on whichever club u decide so u know what to expect going in.
  • idletraveler
    3 years ago
    I'm a dayshift visitor every 1-2 weeks to each over the last 4 months or so, though Ive oretty much stopped going to DD...
    DD is the most tightly packed layout and the private dance booths are small curtained booths directly facing the main room with a banquet chair inside. Dancer focus can be quite mechanical and solely focused on getting you into the private booth where $125/$225 will get you either to 3rd or home in 3 songs or less. Not bad if thats what you want, and there are a few gems willing to put in a little effort. Better happy hour drink prices for beer ($2 domestic bottles). $2 cover/parking fee before 7.
    BT 2-story very night club feel with overly loud music, lots of flashing lights, and occasional hookahs. Dancers seem friendlier and more willing to chat you up a bit before the sell. $200 will get everything with slightly less time pressure in the private curtained booths with armless loveseats down a short hall behind the bars. The downstairs loveseats are bit worn out, and it can be a little noxious when the dancer wipes down the booth with ammonia cleaner before starting. Dances tend to be a bit friendlier and more GFE than DD. Nice cold beer on draft $6/pint. $1 cover/parking fee before 7. I witnessed the 7pm shift change at BT once recently, and it was awkward and dull to have everyone (dancers, bartenders, bouncers, etc.) all swapping out at the same time.
    Cheetah Pompano is definitely more of a hangout bar with more sports on TV, plenty of old-timer regulars during day, largest single floor layout, and 4 stages. Single dances at $25 in well-policed communal room; VIP booths start at $75 to the club and $200-300 to dancer for 15/20 minutes. Haven't tried the VIP here. $2 cover/parking fee during day.
    If I get an afternoon free, I'm likely to stop at Cheetah for free lunch, friendly bar talk, and warmup, and then hit BT for a shorter stay to cap the afternoon before heading home. At DD and BT, I never had to ask for anything special, if you bought the private dance, you got what you got.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Your experience matches mine, have you been to Solid Gold since they re-opened ?
  • BroadwayJoe
    3 years ago
    Thanks all for the info. Looks like consensus is Cheetah's, maybe around 3-4 on a Thurs or Friday... and if that doesn't work, hop over to BT. Much appreciated!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion