tuscl

Tattoo

Tuesday, November 13, 2007 1:49 AM
I may be re-inventing a wheel here, but to me, a dancer with no tattoo, like one I met in this clean, air dances club last night, screams " I am of higher cast, a more expensive professional". Retrospectively, the dancers who tried the hardest to get me to buy extras, giving little "samples" over the pants, were well-tattooed. Is it all my twisted perception or have most of you experienced the same?

22 comments

• jablake
    17 years ago
    Seems like it, but then it could just be my distaste for tattoos.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    I think you may be correct, but since I do not care for tats, my judgment is flawed. That said, my ATF has a number of tattoos, but it seems to me, her being Asian trumps the tattoos.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    The simplest (general) correlation I've noticed is dancers with tatoos tend to be low class, and dancers w/o tatoos a bit higher class
  • lotsoffun201
    17 years ago
    I think a well done classy tattoo is fine. My wife, a former dancer has a couple, which if you were not in a club would never be visible. Not even if she were wearing a micro mini skirt and an extremely low cut dress. I am a professional and have a couple as well which are never visisble to the general public. ie they are not on my arms etc. I think tattoos have become far more mainstream over the past few years. On the other hand, a girl who looks like she was a practice canvas for her boyfriend or the local tattoo shop screams of trash.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    "Throughout history tattoos have symbolized rebellion. There’s nothing normal about a tattoo. A tattoo screams of unabashed rebellion and deviancy. Every tattoo book, and every article, I researched, both old and new, openly affirmed the deliberate rebellion symbolized by the tattoo. Book after book, article after article, sung the same song – tattoos are open rebellion. It’s worth noting – all the following quotes are from pro tattoo books." [view link] Hmmm . . . I didn't consider it rebellion generally. Especially with women it seemed like a form of makeup. I think I'd almost rather have the girls wearing tats than makeup! :) Not only that, but I thought there were cultures were tats were even required.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Are we making a case here for the ABSENCE of tattoos somehow indicating "princess" (and all the good and bad associations there-with)? Some things to remember: the "cleanest" girls are often the least fun, and generally the highest prices, in the VIP room. African-American women have less desire to get "ornamental" tattoos (as opposed to "gang ownership" nomenclature) since their skin shows the ink more poorly. (I'm sure there's a niche for white, and fluorescent, tattoo-ink to overcome exactly this problem, but so far nobody seems to have invented it.) Certain age groups consider tattoos "the norm" rather than an outspoken form of social protest. Just chiming in ...
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    "Evidence indicates that it is the mere presence of the tattoo, not its artistic content, that correlates with certain diagnoses. Thus, any tattoo can be viewed as a warning sign that should alert the practicing physician to look for underlying psychiatric conditions." (Raspa, Robert F. and John Cusack 1990, Psychiatric Implications of Tattoos, American Family Physician. 41: p. 1483) [view link]
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I didn't know and of course still don't, that are health risks with getting a tattoo. Interesting reading @ [view link] . Of course, just cause it is print doesn't mean it is true.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi Book Guy, I think the argument is absence indicates a higher level of self-respect for oneself. It is funny one of the reasons I disliked the tats besides the self-mutilation angle was that those sporting them were in many casing advertising their criminal ties. I've seen little video segments on the Japanese gangsters who wear their tats as if they were police badges. Interesting and seemingly stupid that criminals would wish to advertise themselves--especially in so permanent a manner.
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    I try to avoid dancers with tattoos. I find them not sexy and a turnoff.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    How in the world do you manage to avoid them? A tat free dancer must either cost an arm and leg or be a blubber butt or older. That's probably the ticket: older. The last cute young dancer that I saw I didn't want to let her go----partly because I was afraid she was headed straight to a tat shop.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    The last cute young dancer ***without tats*** that I saw I didn't want to let her go----partly because I was afraid she was headed straight to a tat shop.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    TRAMP STAMPS s/b avoided
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    A Big DITTOS with ShotDisc & David9999! Just last night, while at The Exotic Pearl (no review), one of the younger dancers (21), Poison (7.5), mentioned about getting a certain type of tattoo that went from her ankle up to her thigh! I told her not to mar that beautiful body of hers, that she would regret it later on in years. She won't listen and just kept drinking till she passed out in the dressing room. What a shame!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Well, if I avoided all strippers with tats, I would be missing out on a lot of fun. I don't like em but I find them less offensive than piercings. My former ATF had a small one. I asked her why she got it. She said that because everybody else was doing it. Here is a strange note. My favorite spinner not only has some tats but knows how to give them and has done them for other dancers. She says that she cannot use a stencil but has to do it free hand. Learn something new every day.
  • ShotDisc
    17 years ago
    Shadow, I understand your point, but I am willing to sacrifice when possible. worst tats of all. boob tats.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I can stand a quaint tattoo. I hate some dude's name. ("It's my baby boy" = "it's my pimp boy.")
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    Jayblake, your postings leave me doubting your intelligence. Your big source of information: "Dial-the-Truth Ministries" Nice "research" dude! I doubt you'd understand the motivation for getting inked because you are one of those cookie cutter suburban assholes. No personality, no individuality, work all week, go to church on sunday. Wonder what your little friends would think about your hobby? Can you say hypocrite?
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi parodyman, Excellent to hear from you again. :) Church? The way the country is headed that might be an excellent idea and best of all I'm getting surrounded by Haitian churches. The few Haitians that I know believe in going to numerous churches as it allegedly improves their odds of getting into Heaven. Damn good business, imo. I guess I'm not interested in the motivation for getting tatted. I'm interested in the end result and surprisingly in the future. The end result is garbage when the canvas was excellent skin. So thumbs down for tats. The future is people change while the tat doesn't. So thumbs down for tats. The only real positive that I saw concerning tats was the supposed connection between being tatted and a willingness to violate laws. I believe this is correct at least based on my experience with the dancers at Club Honeys and the old customers at Angels. So thumbs up for tats. Anyway, with any luck I get to read much more from parodyman. A true pleasure so try do to increase the number and depth of your posts. :) BTW, I understand attacking the messenger "Dial-the-Truth Ministeries" is neato, but do try and take issues with the "facts" presented there and with not the messenger. LOL! For example, you think God is a fraud or doesn't exist or believe in a different God. Wonderful. You have as much proof for those "facts" as do those who believe in the "fact" that God exists. See how happy you've made me? :) You should be feeling special. Ta ta.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I am ashamed of ever working (in this society) so I would appreciate it if you could lay off the "work all week" commentary. :( If you don't work, then thumbs up parodyman! :)
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    Jablake, Where to start… You seem to have a problem with the definition of the word “fact.” Let me see if I can help you clear that up. fact [fækt] 1. something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact. 2.something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact. 3. a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth. 4. something said to be true or supposed to have happened: The facts given by the witness are highly questionable. 5. Law. Often, facts. an actual or alleged event or circumstance, as distinguished from its legal effect or consequence. Compare QUESTION OF FACT, QUESTION OF LAW. —Idioms 6. after the fact, Law. after the commission of a crime: an accessory after the fact. 7. before the fact, Law. prior to the commission of a crime: an accessory before the fact. 8. in fact, actually; really; indeed: In fact, it was a wonder that anyone survived. ________________________________________ [Origin: 1530–40; < L factum something done, deed, n. use of neut. of factus done, ptp. of facere to DO1 ] —Related forms factful, adjective [view link] Unabridged (v 1.1) Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006. Usage Note: Fact has a long history of usage in the sense "allegation of fact," as in "This tract was distributed to thousands of American teachers, but the facts and the reasoning are wrong" (Albert Shanker). This practice has led to the introduction of the phrases true facts and real facts, as in The true facts of the case may never be known. These usages may occasion qualms among critics who insist that facts can only be true, but the usages are often useful for emphasis. "Factoids ... that is, facts which have no existence before appearing in a magazine or newspaper, creations which are not so much lies as a product to manipulate emotion in the Silent Majority." [N. Mailer, "Marilyn," 1973] You wrote the following: “Hi parodyman, Excellent to hear from you again. :) Church? The way the country is headed that might be an excellent idea and best of all I'm getting surrounded by Haitian churches. The few Haitians that I know believe in going to numerous churches as it allegedly improves their odds of getting into Heaven. Damn good business, imo.” **For those foolish enough to buy into religion. Most known religions discourage the practice of multiple faiths as it amounts to blaspheme. “I guess I'm not interested in the motivation for getting tatted. I'm interested in the end result and surprisingly in the future. The end result is garbage when the canvas was excellent skin. So thumbs down for tats. The future is people change while the tat doesn't. So thumbs down for tats.” ** As tattoos are a highly personal form of expression I cannot advise someone to get one. This is where the personal motivation comes into play. A lot of tattoos are created as a symbol for a life changing event, to memorialize a particular person or to commemorate an anniversary. Then there are the million other reasons, as varied as the people who get them, to get tattooed. I also have take issue with you describing all tattoos as garbage. There are tattoos being applied today by professionals who are master artists in skin along with other media. You would call the work of these people garbage? Also I take it as a personal attack. I have 3 tattoos, all well done, that I have no regrets for having. I plan to get more. In fact I wish you could be there with me so that you might actually learn something. It also sounds like you are saying I have garbage on my skin. What about my wife? Is that garbage on her skin too? Ever hear the phrase, “Judgmental Prick?” “The only real positive that I saw concerning tats was the supposed connection between being tatted and a willingness to violate laws. I believe this is correct at least based on my experience with the dancers at Club Honeys and the old customers at Angels. So thumbs up for tats.” ** Once again for the retarded folks out there. People from all walks of life have been tattooed. It is not a big deal, nor does it imply any particular leanings as far as a willingness to break the law goes. The number of dancers at two clubs is too small for you to base your foolish theories on. I also find it laughable that you expect people here to take your skewed observations seriously. “Anyway, with any luck I get to read much more from parodyman. A true pleasure so try do to increase the number and depth of your posts. :) BTW, I understand attacking the messenger "Dial-the-Truth Ministeries" is neato, but do try and take issues with the "facts" presented there and with not the messenger. LOL! For example, you think God is a fraud or doesn't exist or believe in a different God. Wonderful. You have as much proof for those "facts" as do those who believe in the "fact" that God exists.” ** This is my favorite part of your post. The part where you prove your foolishness by claiming that the existence of God is a fact. You embarrass yourself and other religious zealots by making wild claims that something is a fact merely because you wish for it to be so. Jesus Fuckin’ Christ you need to grow up. “See how happy you've made me? :) You should be feeling special. Ta ta.” ** Want to make me happy, learn the definition of fact and the proper techniques for observing, recording and interpreting data. Then speak.
  • parodyman-->
    17 years ago
    Sorry about the microsoft markings in my above post.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion