tuscl

New Strip Clubs

I've been hearing on the radio advertisements for a Spearmint Rhino opening up in New York in Hell's Kitchen. It got me thinking though, with all these clubs going down, how many are even going up? In the last 3 years or so I can only think of one off the top of my head that wasn't a buy the old club out, refurbish and rename. Just build a new club outright. The only one that came to mind was Bare Cabaret in Austin in like '18 or '19. That might be a different kind of situation just because Austin is a city that has growing like a weed the last decade or so.

But I don't live everywhere. When was the last time a new strip club near you opened up? Doesn't seem like a common event at all.

7 comments

• Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    Nope, none that I know of and I roam from San Diego to LA.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    So years ago where Bare used to be, that was called “Pink Monkey” I think it’s a refurbished area, though the Pink Monkey was closed for a decent amount of time before Bare.

The only spot I know of that truly built itself up outright is Angelwitch. Ironically in an area that didn’t allow alcohol until the late 2000s and had recently spearheaded its “sanctuary for the unborn” in town before the governor started doing his anti-abortion thing for the whole state.

https://tuscl.net/listing.php?id=4988
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    Indianapolis clubs have dropped from twenty to fourteen over the last dozen years. Of the fourteen remaining ones, only nine still have the same owner and name. There hasn't been a new club here for twenty five years. The city government has restricted new entrants by using zoning and licensing laws. Restricting new entrants initially benefits the existing clubs by restricting competition. In the long run, though, it hurts the industry as a whole. Poorly run clubs are not replaced by better run clubs and customers eventually tire of poorly run clubs and find another hobby.

Someone here once said they had been tracking the number of clubs listed here since 2008 and the total number for the country had declined by about 20%. I've talked to some long time strippers over the years and they said club business never completely recovered after the 2008 stock market crash and there has been a long slow decline since then.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I haven’t seen any newly built clubs in the NENJ area in quite a long time. It seems the expense of buying land, getting permits to build a strip club, and then building and making a club profitable is very challenging here.

With the prices of real estate in NYC - a club opening in Hells Kitchen could be a very big challenge to make money. Since some banks have reopened their trading floors, there were more folks commuting in again, but I think Omicron will knock those numbers back for a few months at least.

The NYC clubs have those big names - like Ricks, Hustler, Scores, and now Spearmint Rhino. They must expect the name recognition will bring in guys? Usually it’s the same group of Russian sharks looking for big money investment bankers.

I might be just a little cynical!
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    10 - 15 years ago, my favs talked about having good $ regulars who were really only interested in looking rather than touching. Over the years, the quality of video calling over the internet keeps getting better. So I think those PLs don't bother with the clubs anymore, they're on OF and Chaturbate and such.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Over the years it's been posted on TUSCL that most, if not all, cities, are not giving out any new strip-club permits; I have no idea how accurate that is but seems it may be the case as it's rare to see new SCs in a site/location where there had never been one b/f (although one can assume that a big corporate club w/ deep-pockets like Rhino could perhaps get an exception especially in a party/tourist place/city).

Hard to know for sure when a club opens up if there had never been a club there b/f - off the top of my head in SoFlo I can only think of 3 SCs that "may" have been brand-new clubs/locations but I really don't know the history of the location going back more than 10-years since it wasn't till about 2012 when I became a regular-SCer in SoFlo after having moved backhome from Dallas.

Off the top of my head the 3 SoFlo locations that may have been new clubs when opened are:

1) Vixen in Davie - this club opened like 4 years ago in an industrial area and it seems like it was a brand-new building that was erected - I have no idea if there had been an SC at that location b/f but given the fact it seemed like brand-new construction I assume not but who knows (and to the best of my knowledge this is the only SC in the city of Davie) - the owner of Vixens was the previous-owner of the very popular Scarlett's in Hallandale; he sold Scarlett's to Ricks Corp (that also owns Tootsies) and subsequently opened Vixens in Davie - one wonders how he was able to open a brand new club where it seems there had never been one but then again Scarlett’s had been around a good-while and was a very successful club so perhaps he had the connections and the $$$ from his longtime ownership of Scarlett’s?

2) second “new club” I can think off in SoFlo was one that went by “Vivid” that opened in a light-industrial area of Miami around 2014 – it was a nice large upscale-ish club but never seemed to catch on and after a year or so it was changed to a gay nightclub – IDK if there had been a SC there in years past that I was unaware of – about 2 years ago the new King of Diamonds seems opened in that location but not sure if it’s the same location as the old Vivid’s address was 7040 NW 72nd ave and the new KOD location is 7020 NW 72nd ave (I haven’t been to the new KOD so IDK if it’s the same location as the old Vivid)

3) the 3rd “new club” I can think of is the latest incarnation of Solid Gold in Pompano – AFAIK Solid Gold goes back to 1989 in North Miami where the current Deans Gold is – AFAIK in the late-90s Solid Gold was sold to the owners of Deans Gold and a new Solid Gold opened in Oakland Park near Ft Lauderdale – both the North Miami location and the Oakland Park location were popular successful clubs but Oakland Park forced out the club about 5 years ago – the club remained MIA till about 2+ years ago when it opened as a new club in Pompano but I’m unaware if there had been a club at that location in years past that I’m unaware of
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    What we need a more private party / membership model clubs.

Boycott Deja Vu CLIP JOINTS!

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion