tuscl

Our economic, class inequality materializes our upper class, vulgarizes our midd

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

Our economic, class inequality materializes our upper class, vulgarizes our middle class, brutalizes our lower class....

37 comments

• CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “It is the sufferings of the many which pay for the luxuries of the few.”

~ Greta Thunberg, 2019
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well the entire Work Ethic/Supply Side paradigm is just rhetoric to try and say that the poor deserve to be poor and to maintain extreme stratification in a land of plenty.

I think Greta Thunberg is really neat!

SJG
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It's all from Calvinist predestination and the protestant work ethic. Basically the slave owner uses religion to create hegemony for the class system. It's the naturalization of power via brainwashing us with a false consciousness that the fucked up system is natural. Just the way it is and keep us from fathoming viable alternatives
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^^ YES!

And it gets worse and worse as industrial and information technology advance so they need to gut unions and environmental protections just to create more employment, and then to come to harsher and harsher condemnations of minorities and immigrants to justify the extreme economic stratification.

This started with Social Darwinism in the 1870's, going full force in the reactionary decade of the 1880's

SJG
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    To show my respect for progressives I am pissing money away all weekend. The fact that it makes Greta mad is just icing on the cake.........
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Low income people do not piss away money. Progressives I don't think really do that either.

It is more right wingers who seem to want to piss away money.

SJG
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    There’s a gas station / convenience store around the corner from where I live. It’s owned by an Indian immigrant who came to this country 20 years ago with nothing. He drives an $100,000 Mercedes.

Why did he succeed while the Democratic voters of Detroit sit around claiming they are poor victims of our economic structure ?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Immigrant strivers do seem to be what keep the Fraud of the American Dream going.

Once someone has their biography trashed, de-legitimated, it is hard to do much accept hide in the underclass.

Only when political consciousness is raised and people start to score tangible victories, will this change.

The most fucked up groups are the ones which have lived here the longest. This is Whites and Blacks. Hispanics, Asians and Indians less.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Next week I will go to a strip club and spend at least $1000 on each visit just because I can, Hope it pisses off CJKunt
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    So after 20 tears you see him as an Indian and an immigrant. Not as an American. And you judge him by his car. See your problem?

During the early 1900s madame cj walker was a black millionaire. Do you dispute the systemic discrimination against blacks and women then because of her?
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    25, spend $100,000 in a strip club. That is what strip clubs are for, separating marks from their money.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ He is an Indian Immigrant you dope, why is there something wrong with that sorry ass loser
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^^ 25, he is still not being seen as an American. He is as American as any of us.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I spend plenty of money on stupider things, unlike you I actually have a significant amount of disposable income, and also unlike either of you two knuckle heads I don't find it necessary to steal food at Asian buffets nor hijack a library computer to get online
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I have no problem with him nor any others just like him, and even better he has no problem with me, I don't try to steal shit from his store unlike you losers and If I take my niece's and nephews in for slurpee's he is glad to see us.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    And unlike you 25, I feel no need to try and win approval by disclosing affairs of my f2f life.

And this is how capitalism runs, by people seeking approval, playing to the herd. This is what Benjamin Franklin encouraged people to do, and this is what Calvinism is based on.

SJG

MC5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM44liYG…
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ That's because you have no F2F life, you are always on the outside looking in, unlike me and others like me who are actively participating in a good life.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    ^^^^ And unlike you 25, I feel zero need to disclose anything of my f2f life in order to seek approval.

And a vulgar middle-class is what James Joyce had one of his character in Dubliners call, "An obtuse middle-class that trusts its fine arts to impresarios".

The middle-class lives for social approval. Industrial capitalism created this.

SJG
  • motorhead
    3 years ago
    You’re debating what we call this guy instead of avoiding the real question
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Well 25 turned it this way.

It is like Deleuze and Guattari explain in their Anti-Oedipus. Capitalism scrambles social codes, and then replaces them with its own over codings.

So the way I would explain this is, traditional societies have a communitarian ethic. No one is left out, everyone is taken care of.

But Capitalism destroys this, sets people against each other. And then it comes up with its own over coding, which is the "Work Ethic". So you are further turning people against each other. People are now motivated by keeping up appearances, and they gain status by denigrating the popular scapegoats. And this is all so the the rich can get richer and the poor poorer.

And I also say that once someone's biography is delegitimated, they really have no chance unless they can find common cause in the underclass. And this is very hard because Christianity, motivationalism, psychotherapy, and the recovery movement are designed to destroy political consciousness and keep the poor from organizing and acting.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    the only ones delegitimizing this guy who happens to be a success story are you knuckleheaded losers
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    CJKunt (autism), SJG (schizophrenia), and Icey (mental retardation) on one thread. The loser trifecta.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Afro Americans and those from abusive families are delegitimated by the time the reach adolescence. And then we have a whole raft of institutions which prevent them from being able to organize.

SJG
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^^^
    @Tetradon

“Greta Thunberg has likened her Asperger syndrome to a ‘superpower’ — some Fortune 500 employers appear to agree”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketw…

“When haters go after your looks and differences, it means they have nowhere left to go.

And then you know you’re winning!”

“The world is waking up...

And change is coming whether you like it or not.”

~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg
    ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 Stockholm, Sweden
    ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    ^ "But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown."

~ Carl Sagan
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    "Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one."

~ Marcus Aurelius
  • Player11
    3 years ago
    The rich establishment exploits workers and has banked during the pandemic. A more level playing field is needed. Over 50 workers encounter ageism it can be subtle or outright boldfaced lies.

Unless somebody makes $400 k or over a year I can’t c why they would vote republican. Those guys don’t even try hide the ball. Then the attack on women’s rights not to mention the Jan 6 govt. takeover attempt / big lie.

People need to unionize / find an angle they can work to survive. They need to reject values of being a slave to some Corp sweatshop being constantly dumped on and lied to by the people exploiting them.

The convience store thing that family had resources work their angle.

People need to union
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Sorry some groups succeed and progressives support the ones that don't. I vote American success so I vote republican. If I voted useless losers I'd vote democrat.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Success means being an equal human being in society and viewed as such by the culture. It means equal access to all institutions and a dignified life. It doesn't mean being a token with money thrown on them so racist dinosaurs can cry there's no racism or classism.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    @skibum609

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value."

~ Albert Einstein
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    The stigmatizing of the poor, of minorities, and of those who are surviving abusive families is extreme. And it has life long social status effects.

The only thing which will change this is when people can organize and fight back and score some wins.

SJG

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=4946

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=4484
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    ^ Losers don't win; ever. Um CJ I know you're stupid, but Albert Einstein was the least fun human being in history. Why the fuck would I care what a shledon has to say? Life = Work hard, enjoy harder, die. Sorry Icey you're right and I am wrong. There is a racist: You. No group of people on earth are more hateful and bigoted than those on the left. BLM supporter murders children ate Christmas Parade: Democrats cheer.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    ^
    skibum609

“As you grow older, you’ll see white men cheat black men every day of your life,

but let me tell you something and don’t you forget it—

whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash.”

~ Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    If my life is the result of being wrong, then thank you God for making me wrong. By the way stupid I am older than you. Get a job boy.
  • CJKent_band
    3 years ago
    “So ridiculous, skibum609 must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend!

Chill skibum609, Chill!"

~ Greta Tintin Eleonora Ernman Thunberg
    ~ Born: 3rd January 2003 , Sweden
    ~ Occupation: Student, environmental activist

:D
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    A movie? lol This ain't 1961 douchebag. Environmental activist is a longer word for criminal.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Direct Action, Resistance. Maybe it is not always legal, but we still need it.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion