tuscl

Solid Gold Pompano about to reopen?

Anyone heard any news on Solid Gold?

I was at Booby Trap last weekend and I ran into a dancer that used to work at Solid Gold. We got to talking and she said the club would be reopening the end of the month. Certainly nothing official so checked for a website and it says Grand Opening Oct 27th - 29th. I know this upscale club was pretty popular before Covid. Wondered how this club stacked up to Pompano’s other clubs.

16 comments

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I heard from a bartender a similar report, about two weeks ago, we'll see what happens, Solid Gold was my favorite late afternoon hangout spot.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    This would be good news.
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    That's funny, a stripper from Cheetah told me a similar story. That they would be open for Halloween. I totally dismissed it as bullshit, but maybe there was some merit.

I never really liked that club. The strippers always tended too extreme age wise for my tastes, it seemed like either they were a day over 18 or pushing 40. I'm sure there were some, but I never met a mid twenties dancer there.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ You aren't wrong about the age thing but there were some late twenty-somethings but most of the women were early to mid thirty years old, for me that was the appeal, all of those women were attractive, some were stunning and most could hang out with us older guys and be entertaining. Their day shift was usually quite busy, at least late afternoon about 4ish and good till late, comparable to Cheetah and BTs, with a lot les hustle.
  • Dtuscl
    3 years ago
    FYI - according to the website

Grand Reopening
    October 27th - 29th
    7:00pm - 9:00pm
    Complimentary Admission
    Open Bar
    Free Food

https://www.solidgoldftl.com/

• twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ What day are you going to be there
  • Dolfan
    3 years ago
    I'll wait and let you guys drop the first review, then decide if I'll bother
  • iknowbetter
    3 years ago
    Ironically just this morning I saw taxi cabs at FLL with rooftop ads for “The New Solid Gold”. So it must be true. Let’s hope for the best.
  • Nixur68
    3 years ago
    I feel like... SoFlo hasn't recovered and this is just going to hurt. Besides, why would I bother with Solid Gold over Tootises, Deans or Cheetahs?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    This club's fame was in the 2000s into the early-2010s when they were at their old Oakland Park location near Ft Lauderdale – the city forced them to close a few years ago and they subsequently opened the current Pompano location.

I only went to this club (Pompano) once on a Fr dayshift to meet up w/ TUSCLer @twentyfive – the club had a fairly good crowd and vibe; and the club itself IMO is one of the nicer-ones around (spacious; new; nicely-appointed; good staff; one felt comfortable in it) – but for w/e reason it did seem the dancers tilted older – IDK if this was b/c:

+ perhaps these were dancers that had a history w/ the club from its previous location which by now were older?

+ perhaps the club purposely went for a particular type dancer and older dancers fit the (club’s) bill better?

+ maybe the club had higher dancer-fees that older dancers that would have a harder time competing at other popular clubs would be willing to pay?

But – that was a complaint one often heard of this club; i.e. older dancers – they were not necessarily ugly nor way-past-their-prime, but “young hardbodies they were not” – and the nightshift actually seemed to be struggling – so it seems this club never really got its footing completely when it had reopened at the new Pompano-location – it also had a bit higher prices (I think dances were $30 instead of the SoFlo norm of $25) – the dancers also wore mini-dresses instead of slutty small-2-pieces which I didn’t necessarily like – but it was a nice-club w/ good service and they seemed to have a good kitchen (on my visit I saw a few guys having lunch when I first arrived in the afternoon; then later closer to happy-hour they had what I think was a prime-rib slab and had a chef handing out complimentary slices of prime-rib which I thought was a nice-touch).

Per a post above, seems they are doing it right w.r.t. the reopening by offering free admission, open bar, and free-food; so that may get the ball-rolling w.r.t. them being open again.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    When this club was in Oakland Park, it was my favorite club anywhere. And even though I liked the new location when I visited it. It was not the same as before. But I'm always for more good choices.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I wonder if it's the same/original ownership behind this current reopening?
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    I'm going to try it out next thursday evening who wants to meet up there?
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I've been on the rag as of late and don't fee like being around big-crowds so I'll probably pass on opening weekend and wait for reviews down-the-road - I got a feeling it may be a bit of a party-madhouse opening weekend
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ Pussy 😊😊
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I only went to the original Oakland Park location once, but it was fucking incredible. I also went to Pure Platinum when it was Solid Gold at Pure Platinum once, and it was fucking incredible.

I had been to the new Solid Gold two or three times before COVID, but it was never as incredible. Like Papi said, the girls were uniformly older, uniformly less hustle, and seemed more like they were pushing a Diamond Doll lap dance factory experience. At the original SG and PP, the girls would sit and talk to you and ramp up through chitchat to table dances to private dances and then VIP if you were interested. I hope Solid Gold reopens more like the old than the new, but I doubt it. This current employment market couple with them jacking up their already premium prices? And then they have a now hiring banner below their grand opening banner. None of it bodes well, but I hope I'm wrong.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion