tuscl

Biden Strikes Back at Terrorists By Killing Aid Worker And His Family

doctorevil
Evil Lair
Well, now we know why they refused to release the names of the alleged ISIS-K operatives they claimed they hit. This administration exudes incompetence in everything it does.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021…

15 comments

• gSteph
    3 years ago
    War S U C K S. Worse than anything.

Bad things happen ALL THE TIME in war. It's the nature of war.

I support your inalienable right to have any opinion you have about the current administration, but I for one am glad that the US involvement in the tragedies of this war (on our dime) are ending (for us anyway, would suck to be Afgan).

I think we should have left once we got Bin Laden - but at least this admin left.

My 2 cents.

• doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Sure, bad things happen in war, and they happen more often and are worse when leadership is incompetent. If they really recommended that withdrawal “plan” to Biden, SecDef Austin and General Milly should have resigned in disgrace after the debacle at the Kabul airport. If Biden ordered it against their advice, they should have resigned also.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Let me say this I'm glad we're out of that mess and I think we missed the perfect opportunity to leave, when we killed Bin Laden. I think it might be true about botching the exit, but I don't see Trump doing any better, I personally believe that in order to be elected president, you should have some military experience, and I also believe this country would be better served if we still had a draft, even if the draft just required public service not necessarily, the armed services, I think every one should have a taste of public service of some sort, our citizens would be a much more civically minded group, not as selfish as the general public is today,
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    Welcome to the US presidency, Biden
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Itnis absolutely unbelievable and wholly implausible that the same intelligence apparatus which failed to foresee the Taliban blitzkrieg, the ANA collapse, and the suicide bombing at the Kabul airport, was also able to identify and provide real-time tactical location data on the specific individuals responsible for that same bombing.

Furthermore, it is the height of hypocrisy for people who objected to the elimination of terror leader Soleimani, to approve of this attack in Kabul. Soleimani was more directly responsible for many more American deaths than ISIS-K,
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    I don't believe that any of the seemingly bizarre actions taken by this administration are accidental or due to incompetence. Our intelligence gathering, technology, highly trained military and strategic planning ability are second to none. The question you need to ask yourself is, "What are Biden and the Democrat Party's real objectives?" If you think for one minute they are acting in the best interest of America you are either a gullible fool or you are in the camp that believes America needs to be knocked down a few notches in the interest of global equity.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Ever notice that when you're a democrat that it is never your fault? Looks like Biden wanted to make sure there was eternal war there and further, to make sure no one would ever trust us again i.e. England.
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    ^ it is always a good idea to help out the babies, so, i will do my part and help correct your writing...

"Ever notice that when you're a boomer that it is never your fault?"

Much better now! Here is your baba back! Sweet dreams!
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    There is more than enough blame to go around with the Afghan mess. There were several administrations with a chance to pull out. We thought we could do better than the Russians - but that was likely not true.

Does anyone believe there is a new and improved - Kinder and Gentler Taliban?

Sadly, we lost many American lives, and there are many American soldiers who are permanently and severely disabled due to the horrible IED’s used in these recent wars.

If we pulled out after killing Bin Laden - that may have been the right time.

Sadly, the pull out appeared horribly botched and rushed. I can’t believe anyone thought the puppet government would stand up against a strong wind!
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Poor Cowboy and his low level poverty induced jealousy. You are a pip son. Fact is you could live to 200 and never approach the joy I get every day from life. This world was great until we let the young, weak, sissies take over.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    It’s easy for the U.S. to go to war. We have the best equipped and trained Armed Forces in the world. Our Generals are anxious to put their men into action - it’s natural - you train and make ready, you want to have a reason for it.
    The tough part is getting out. Never goes smoothly and seems like a huge waste of money and lives when it’s all done.
    I’m glad we’re out of Afghanistan, but I agree the exit strategy seemed botched - probably because of the 9/11 deadline.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ‘ t’s easy for the U.S. to go to war. We have the best equipped and trained Armed Forces in the world. ’

Absolutely agree with this that’s why we need to bring back the draft, that would make it much harder to go to war, everyone would have skin in the game, and there wouldn’t be a military class like what’s happened since we ended the draft in 1973
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    I agree with a draft as a means for everyone to literally have skin in the game. And no deferments for college, etc.
    We wouldn’t need to draft everyone, just a small percentage by lottery, but that possibility would be enough to deter unnecessary military debacles and “world police” B.S.
  • yahtzee74
    3 years ago
    "We thought we could do better than the Russians - but that was likely not true. "

The US did significantly better than the Russians. The US was actually still in a good position with the upper hand but we threw it away.

According to wikipedia, in less than 10 years the official Soviet number of killed was 14,000.

In 20 years the US lost 2,300 plus another similar amount in contractors. In the last few years I don't think there were any KIA and 20 or so related deaths per year while the cost of the war had lessened since the height of the Obama years.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Joe Biden is so far out of it that he took a picture with a bunch of kids wearing Trump gear without realizing it. If an 8 year old can trick him this badly, what will Putin and Xi do ?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blo…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion