tuscl
11313 Maryland Avenue Beltsville MD 20705

What is the byob system here?

Hank Moody
I'm fine. I'm disgusted with my life and myself, but I'm not unhappy about that.
Tuesday, August 10, 2021 1:04 AM
Bring in a cooler? Ferry drinks back and forth to car and pay for a cup like showcase? Take out what you don’t drink or does it become a bar casualty? What’s the dilly, yo?

7 comments

• wallanon
    3 years ago
    Red Solo Cup. It costs something but I forgot how much.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Thanks! Not conducive to sharing. I loved bringing a bottle to share at players. Really added to the experience.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Of the three BYOB clubs I've been to, it never made sense to keep a cooler of beer in my vehicle and make repeated trips outside for refills.

The one time I actually brought my own booze, filled a monogrammed flask with Grey Goose. More than I needed, plenty of sharing, and just a touch of class at Mons Venus.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    MD liquor laws are set by the counties. I’m assuming it’s how they deal with the local liquor laws as it’s the same policy in the neighboring PG county BYOB club. It’s certainly not convenient. The old Baltimore city players club allowed you to bring in coolers or whatever you wanted however you wanted. Dudes would show up on a random Tuesday and set up a full bar of decent liquor bottles with plenty to share. I saw a keg once brought in by a bachelor party. Good times. RIP Players Club. The Dallas and Houston Bucks Wild clubs are pretty good, though I don’t think you can take any unconsumed booze with you when you leave. I’d usually just bring some beers and a 375ml bottle of some decent but not top shelf vodka or tequila to share with dancers and then donate to them when I left.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    3 years ago
    don't drink too much at the club
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Ugh. Fail. Went by tonight at 930 and shut up tight, lights off. Showcase had no dancers.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Clubs aren't that great at punctuality. But some would say the same about yours truly. You probably didn't miss much that early on a Tuesday, but sucks that a club can't even attempt to be open when it's supposed to be (with girls).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion