tuscl

'Keeping Up With the Cuomos'

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Both of these arrogant self entitled pricks should get canned and prosecuted!

'Keeping Up With the Cuomos' becomes a full-blown scandal for once-beloved tandem

"I was nervous for Chris; he's my little brother, and I've always been there for him. He was staying at home with his three kids and wife, confined to the basement, and he couldn't see anyone else."
That's Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-N.Y.) speaking about his brother, Chris, the most-watched "anchor" on CNN in 2020. Part of the reason Chris Cuomo performed well against his peers was because of multiple interviews with his governor brother, who was already being propped up by the media as the anti-Trump: A true leader, an empathetic fatherly figure with a killer PowerPoint presentation presented at daily briefings carried daily on national TV.

It was about one year ago that CNN's Cuomo announced that he had tested positive for COVID-19. In the weeks that followed, the anchor broadcasted from his Hamptons basement while sharing his personal struggles with the novel virus. He shared with his older brother that he had recently experienced hallucinations of their father, the late Mario Cuomo.

If Chris Cuomo had interviewed Andrew Cuomo once, he wouldn't have been criticized much. Here you had the popular governor as the face of the epicenter of the pandemic and a TV brother dealing with a deadly disease on the air in real time. But once became twice, then five times, then ten. The interviews were a combination of serious talk about an unprecedented pandemic and playfulness between two brothers. And the press ate it up with few objections to the obvious conflict of interest playing out.

Apr. 2, 2020: Gov. Andrew Cuomo gives emotional update on brother Chris Cuomo's coronavirus: 'I'm worried' - USA Today

Apr. 2, 2020: The love, drama and comedy of New York's Cuomo brothers is enlivening coronavirus television - Associated Press

Apr. 4, 2020: The Cuomo brothers put on quite a show. Should the journalism-ethics police shut it down? - Washington Post

But another story began to brew regarding New York nursing homes that was becoming impossible to ignore. On Mar. 23, 2020, Gov. Cuomo signed an executive order sending thousands of recovering COVID-19 patients back into nursing homes, which was like taking a flamethrower to dry grass in terms of spreading the disease among the most vulnerable.

"It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people," one New York resident who lost his father told the Associated Press in May.

link to full article here..

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/…

3 comments

• Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I am not shedding any tears for the Cuomos.

Chris spent two weeks in a very well appointed Hamptons basement. He was not sitting in squalor, so he wasn’t shitting in a bucket and drinking from a hose.

Andrew made sure he looked like a hero for his covid policies, and he did a good job for some folks. Sadly, folks in nursing homes suffered the brunt of the pain. As his popularity grew, his ego also grew. I think his ego was on full display during his multi-day state of the state slide show.

I think Andrew became too pompous and forgot he is there to serve the needs of the people of NYS. Chris simply seems to believe he is too good to be questioned. I get the impression Chris might be one of Don Lemon’s fudge packing cowboy butt buddies - on the down low.

It’s going to be a miserable fall from grace for the Cuomo brothers.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    But, it’s New York State politics - and with Elliot Spitzer and his call girl Ashley Dupree - trying to raw dog her ass - and David Paterson blindly making passes as women - this isn’t so bad!

George Pataki seems to be one of the better governors based on his somewhat less eventful administration?
  • BumHip
    4 years ago
    Why does the author of this post feel Chris should be prosecuted? Andrew very well might deal with the court system over his terrible, no good, rotten, very bad month of news. But Chris? I get not liking him. I don't like him, or his style, his brother, or his cringeworthy banter with Don Lemon. But prosecuted? For what, being insufferably annoying?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion