tuscl

Will DC Ever Reopen?

Sunday, March 28, 2021 5:28 PM
I got my 2nd vaccination shot and waited the two weeks, so I thought I’d venture out Saturday to see what the club situation is in DC. In previous months, some of the clubs had opened as restaurants. The girls would act as “hostesses” and sit with customers and talk while they ate their mandatory meal. But Archibald’s is still the only one open. I’m not sure if Mpire is still doing this but they seemed closed Saturday night. Camelot and Cloakroom were closed. The only action was at Archibalds. They were doing the hostess/ restaurant gig, but they were promoting private dances at $500 per hour or $250 for half hour. Too rich for me and I didn’t bother to ask about clothing for the dancer. If anything is worth that much money I guess you would need to spend a lot of time talking up the girl to see if it was worth it. The only place worth going to was Crystal City. They have air lap dances and a full lineup. With a few really cute girls. But the dances are expensive and from what I gather, they are tame. See their web page for prices. If you have money, Crystal City let’s you take a girl outside the club for a set amount of time for an expensive fee and a negotiated tip to the dancer. From what I’ve heard, most of the girls who do this, just go for dinner or drinks. I also heard Crystal had a rash of COVID cases run through the girls when they were visited by troops patrolling the Capitol after the riot. They stayed open throughout though. Paper Moon is open but too expensive. Looks like Baltimore is still the only real option for DC mongers.

10 comments

• bman77
    3 years ago
    I've never tried Paper Moon or Crystal City and it's for the very reaons you listed here. Baltimore seems to continue to be where it's at right now, though I'm hoping Showcase reopens in the next few months.
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    3 years ago
    If you're not averse to driving a bit, Mitzi's in Funkstwon, MD (near Hagerstown) is open. The negative to me was the smoke inside. Other than that I would say it's worth the drive, especially given the dearth of choices at the moment. It's about an hour from Silver Spring via 495, 270 and 70.
  • PhredJohnson
    3 years ago
    No. (The answer to your original question)
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    DC's mayor's sister died of Corona-virus so I wonder if this will play in her keeping DC locked down longer than other places: [view link]
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    Holy fuck Mitzi's is still there? And open no less. Didn't know Showcase was still closed. Didn't somebody on the boards day Ebony Inn might be open again? Obviously DC strip clubs are awful in general, but sometimes I get tired of kicking a city when it's been down for decades.
  • amorgaudium
    3 years ago
    Paper moon is stupid expensive but it's the only one worth going to right now unfortunately. I hope things change but I don't expect it to anytime soon.
  • cipdevice
    3 years ago
    I used to frequent ccr before pandemic once I found a girl who would Billy Joel till the end of the song and memorize the lyrics afterwords if you know what I mean in the non-smoking private booth. Petite, mixed girl from Florida. 120 plus 50 for the 10min dance Dm me for name. No idea if she is still there though I'd say 20% of other girls offered less salacious extras, and 50% did grind much to my surprise
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    @ OP, cool play on words regarding your screen name. No offense but I would be fine with all of DC being shutdown and never opened again.
  • rickmacrodong
    9 months ago
    Ebony inn doesnt count as dc although it is closeby. I don’t understand your comments of CCR being expensive. Isnt it by far the cheapest for dances? I believe its $60 for 10 minutes and $300 for a full hour. Of course you may need to tip since on paper its a private dance not a lapdance. But those prices are far better than most places. Even with the tip it would probably be $90 for 10 minutes so basically $30 a song.
  • NavelObserver
    9 months ago
    I don’t do dances. So they all seem a waste of money to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion