tuscl

Airline hubs and strip club scene

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Having a job which involves travel, or any other form of frequent solo travelling, really enriches a strip club hound's hobbying. Sometimes, the major hubs are in great strip club cities like Houston and Phoenix, sometimes in middling cities like Atlanta (when they had Follies), and sometime in shit cities like Chicago and Orlando. Having had my second dose of the vaccine, I am looking forward to travelling again.

There were times when I drove two hours to Tampa just to overnight and fly out of there, bookending the trip at Tampa Clubs, rather than the rinky-dink regional airport with barely passable clubs. Tampa has so many great clubs ranging from fully nude 7-up factories with no extras to VIP express lanes like Scarletts, and everything in-between. I always enjoyed the three clubs on Adamo, Gold Club in particular. If one sucked, you could just try one or two buildings over.

What experiences, good or bad, can be had in the other major airline cities?

11 comments

• CarlitosPeligro
    3 years ago
    I took my current job in 2019 with the idea it would provide more opportunities but before covid it mostly sent me to Santa Clara county CA which may be the worst SC scene ever, I would drive up to SF it was so bad. Time spent in Sea-Tac area which was a little better, Seattle anyway, not so much the Tacoma side. Orange County CA is passable too. Only one trip to Phx in that time and I hit 2 clubs but feel like I never hit my stride, need to go back. NJ was disappointing but I was pressed for time, was stealing away after dinner with a female colleague who wouldn’t be understanding. Lots of trips to LV and I’ve basically settled on Palominos and chicas. From following the site I have Detroit, Toronto, Portland, and FL on my list now. Maybe New England.

Not sure those count as airline hubs, but yes I’m looking forward to the opportunity to travel again and sample the country’s talent.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Ummm...... Maybe. But Chicago is a hub. And it sucks for strip clubs. Same for Denver. And I've had a great time in Cocoa Beach which does't even have an airport. I think it's mostly the local governments tolerance for the strip clubs. Houston used to be the KING until a few years ago a certain Lesbian Mayor decided she would try to shut them down. She left office and Houston clubs are back in business.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    My business travels have involved lots of trip to a few cities. As previously mentioned, Orlando is not a strip club haven. Chicago is a nice city, but it’s not a strip club destination. Austin is a very pleasant city, and the clubs were nice, but not the filth I prefer. My travels to DC showed it to be a miserable strip club city.

After many uneventful business trips, I’ve been happy to return to Newark. I’ve found several nearby clubs that offer the extra services I appreciate. There was a club pretty close to the airport - Lookers - that was hit or miss (as the bad nights could turn miserable).
  • mjx01
    3 years ago
    My humble thoughts:
    1. Miami
    2. Detroit (never been, but good rep on site)
    3. Phoenix
    4. Dallas

Ha ha... well I guess AA isn't all that back considering this.
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    Out of the true hub cities, I don't think you can beat Phoenix.

@Carlitos I used to live in the Bay Area and yeah OMFG San Jose and Santa Clara County in general is awful for strip clubs.

And yeah Portland isn't really a hub city but it's still a good strip club city for travelers. There are several clubs near the airport and even more if you are willing to drive just a few miles more.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    The best Detroit clubs are near the airport, most within 5 to 10 miles.
  • herbtcat
    3 years ago
    I spent 9 years living in San Jose and it was where old strippers go to die (at the Pink Poodle). Even driving an hour + to SF was mostly useless as that one-time mecca has devolved into places that expect outrageous $$$ for VIP (like the now-closed MSC or Mitchell Brothers O'Farrell Theatre), or dancers are just ROB's hoping for an out to town business rube to show up. The infamous $700 (or more) VIP/Champagne room hustle is alive and well in the Broadway & Columbus area. I had to take advantage of my 3 or 4 trips to LA to get my Dance/VIP fix.

In the past (pre-COVID and earlier) I was usually able to find joy in Dallas, Houston, PHX, Seattle, Atlanta, and Nashville.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Salt Lake City not recommended.
  • rugrat
    3 years ago
    Dallas is probably my favorite overnight Hub city.

Chicago sucks but the only things resembling good clubs are 50 miles from O'Hare in the south suburbs or Indiana
    Atlanta for being known as strip club city really doesn't have great clubs.

I have yet to figure out a way to overnight in DTW, still no my list.

I do try to find conferences as meetings in Orlando or Tampa, or in the LA area. Seattle used to be good but doesn't seem like it is as good as the 2000's now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I've never had a job that requires much travel - but if one travels a fair-amount for business it gives a good opportunity to come in contact w/ a lot of clubs - a good # of TUSCLers that have done a good amount of business-travel have posted in the past how they've hit 100s of different clubs in their business-travel career.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion