tuscl

New Memphis Adult Bsns. Law

snowtime
Georgia
Came through Memphis today and picked up local paper with story on front page. Seems Shelby(Memphis) County passed a new set of regulations yesterday that will become effective Jan. 1. Highlights include no alcohol sales/consumption, new club licensing requirements, dancer background checks and permits, dancers with certain convictions(i.e. prostitution etc. ) unable to continue working, etc. One club owner was quoted as saying the county was attempting to shut down the local businesses. Looks like previous action on Platinum Plus was just the beginning. I haven't been to a Memphis club since the shuttering of PP but I suspect I may have to visit one soon or else.

1 comment

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    I've been hitting a club or two during my visits to Memphis this past year. Nothing fantastic about them, as they used to be. Apparantly, the clubs have tightened up on their rules, which the dancers seem to go by. However, when I run into some 'old time' favorites, they tend to give the mileage I am used to.

All these new rules for the Memphis clubs propbably stem from a "paid study" by an out of state company, in 2006. This study was performed by the teams going into the clubs and watching, then writing up their reports, with recommendations. City council reviewed the study and initiated the aforementioned rules & regulations, as outlined by snowtime.

Will Memphis clubs get any better? Doubtful. But, as usual, you'll ALWAYS but ALWAYS find a dancer in some club that will EXCEED expectations and deliver the high mileage goods. Might just take some hunting is all.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion