tuscl

AUGUST 2, 2019

rattdog
New York
Friday, January 1, 2021 10:15 AM
august 2, 2019 - what's the significance of this date? i googled up calendar 2019 and felt this was as good as any date, as long as it wasn't an date from 2020. i picked this date. it could have been july 24, 2018, april 20, 20117. whatever. does not really matter. so on that date i checked that it was on a friday. chances are it was a nice summer day and evening. a normal day for me. morning rush commute, head into the office, start work at 9, and finally end that at 5. if in the mood i might venture out to a strip joint to get my rocks off. if not grab dinner with a pal or alone. or just hang out with the guys at the regular hangout spot. so it's just another ordinary regular day/evening that august 2, 2019 was. nothing spectacular. so we are now at the year 2021. the question i ask is this: can any day in this new year match the normalcy and peace to that of august 2, 2019? fuck 2020!!!!

1 comment

• MadMaXXXNYC
    4 years ago
    +1 with the F/U 2020 lol. Although, like a previous thread, I managed to come out ahead, all things considered together, including placing a high value on not dying - the first time that made the scorecard. As far as any day in 2021 matching that, or any day in 2019? I think that's going to be individual, but I believe: yes. Towards the late fall, my belief/hope is that many areas will be "cleared" and all restrictions lifted, with an R0 factor for below 1 for several weeks with no sign of spiking. When that happens, I think you'll find a day, or several, that feel like the "old normal". My advice, as a fellow NYC area denizen, would be to think / say " I used to" as infrequently as possible, and rather replace it with "I'm doing / looking forward to doing.." and fill in new adventures. Maybe we'll catch each other on the " circuit " and if so - beers on me! Although who knows, we may have sat in the same bar before and never knew!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion