tuscl

Prop 16 an act of economic violence against whites, Asians and men

Monday, October 19, 2020 7:43 PM
California prop 16 will bring back full, hardcore affirmative action quotas and open discrimination against whites (and in some circumstances Asian Americans) and all males regardless of background.

People fought for years to end this affirmative action garbage in this state. Are those who will be legally and institutionally discriminated against by this supposed to sit idly by and watch legal discrimination brought back?

How can we just accept going backwards on this, in a state where whites are already a minority and in an era when women have already come to dominate many fields and are represented in every job imaginable?

This is way beyond intentionally annoying "diversity" propaganda, history months and study programs for some groups and not for others. This is institutionalized, legalized, open job discrimination based on demographics generations after the civil rights movement and decades after the hard fought victory at the ballot box and the courts against quotas and affirmative action discrimination.

We must resist in the courts and by every other legal means if this passes. We can't go back to the dark divisive days of hard affirmative action!

17 comments

• Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    BTW anyone who supports affirmative action is a bigot. There is NO excuse for supporting AA unless you want to unfairly benefit from it yourself.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    That's today's Dem party - social-engineering on steroids and complete control over society so they can implement their leftist utopian believes and force them on EVERYONE.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    CD let california voters decide. Stick to your obsession with stats and incel shit
  • Shlidgn90
    4 years ago
    I’ll be an gentleman about this. Many companies hire people they know or have similar backgrounds. If they didn’t use nepotism, Affirmative Action wouldn’t be needed. But they don’t. So I’m voting for it.
  • Arigano_69 (Twat)
    4 years ago
    "We can't go back to the dark divisive days of hard affirmative action!"

Lmfao - you mean unlike the dark divisive days of now under the regressive rule of the republicans?
    Give me a fucking break.
  • rane1234
    4 years ago
    Everyone knows white women and any minorities but black benefit from AA at least my experience in nova. But of course the board is infested with old fake news listening, big red hat wearing magatards and resident miami Cuban...
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    You fucktards do realize that AA only applies to gov agencies and companies with gov contracts.... And all it does is level out the playing field. It doesn't set quotas.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Dave Anderson is a troll and an agitator. Ignored.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    People who are worthy, skilled and equal, don't nee a law making them equal. Lazy good for nothing failures always do. Do glad I have no more stake in the future of this country than I do the future of ther Malagasy Republic.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I got hired for a very competitive position back in the 80s by an employer that had an Affirmative Action plan. We had to pass a written SAT-like test as part of the hiring process. 2 guys who got hired, who were “whiter” than me, got an extra 15 points on the test because the were “Hispanic”. One’s great grandparents emigrated from Spain to the USA (way before my European ancestors did) and the other’s from Portugal. They were both of European ancestry and from solid middle class families. They both talked about it like it was a joke.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Icey Loco it doesn’t level out the playing field, because it only levels out the results. A qualified Asian or white male has no chance over a mediocre black person of color, or in many circumstances a woman of any color. They’re not sending their best or brightest, which is anti-American. AA goes against all that’s right.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    And my employer had a lot of phonies trying to get a leg up by claiming to be “Native Americans” - with Anglo names and very fair complexions from well-off families. HR couldn’t/wouldn’t attempt to verify, they just wanted to check a box. I thought of it when Elizabeth Warren was exposed. Scum.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Wow Stud you work with Liz Warren, the whitest looking native american in history.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    One of the truly shitty downsides to Affirmative Action beyond the obvious result of advancing the less qualified at the expense of the more qualified is beyond unfair.

That is the stigma that those minorities and women who are qualified and did advance themselves through hard work, brains and merit are too often assumed to have gotten to a place of being successful not based on merit but because of AA.

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” MLK
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    I know - maybe I’m part Native American too - I get a little crazy when I drink...
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Dave js another CD incel incarnation. Don't feed the troll
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I'm a liberal but voted no on this one.

In general I don't like propositions. Especially in cases like this where the actual lawmakers can make laws (as opposed to taxes where sometimes a prop is required)

I also don't think this particular prop is a good one. I'm not against what the prop is trying to do, but I think it's not quite the right approach. I hope the proponents can work with the legislature and figure out something better.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion