tuscl

OT: Cost of homemade Guacamole Bacon Cheese Burger

Liwet
If she walks away smiling, you spent too much.
Thursday, October 1, 2020 5:40 PM
I've been trying out a new burger at home to rival Carl's Jr's (Hardy's) Guacamole Bacon $6 burger. They renamed it to Thick Burger after inflation forced a price change. Their burger contains a slice of tomato and some lettuce which mine does not. Meat $2.995 (thicker patty from last time) Bacon $1.098 (2x thick slices) Avocado $0.88 (each) Pepper Jack Cheese $2.396 (4 slices) Bun $0.2325 Total $7.6015 Looks to be somewhat comparable in price unlike <a href="[view link] previous burger.</a>

13 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm sure I speak for the vast majority of TUSCLers in that you don't need an "OT" for this thread
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "Avocado $0.88 (each) " Were they the size of toenail clippings?
  • DenimChicken
    4 years ago
    He's in Vegas, Eve, being so close to Cali he probably gets it dirt cheap kinda like weed. OG GuacaKush
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Avocados are expensive in Vegas. Im lucky to get one for 99 cents. A lot of times its like 2 for $3. But id add time gas and electricity plus water dish soap etc to the cost.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Tonight I'm making burgers with smoked cheddar guacamole and fire roasted Anaheim peppers on wonder bread buns. And homemade onion rings . I make sure my bitch gets fed lulz
  • mahatmakanejeeves
    4 years ago
    Try some burger patties from Pat LaFreida (via GoldBelly). Since I'm not traveling I've tried close to 40 mail order burger companies and blends. The Pat LaFreida Gold Label were the near-unanimous choice of those who taste tested.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    OP - let us know when you make a sandwich and how that went - inquiring minds want to know
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    Is there any kind of sandwich that's even worth making?
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    I'm great at making sandwiches. I have a lot of great recipes. I love bananas and pbj on white Ham tomato onion mayo mustard jack on sourdough Bologna and cheddar with mustard on bolillo rolls
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    My girl makes great chili cheese dogs and bacon egg and cheese sandwiches
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I started getting almost all of my meat mail-ordered. Butcher Box and Wild Alaskan Salmon Company. It's fucking awesome to come home and find a box of organic, sustainably harvested meat. Plus, you never know what you're going to get (sometimes it's whole chicken, sometimes pork ribs, sometimes filet mignon). My only complaint is that the quality of Butcher Box became irregular after Coronavirus. I understand that the price of meat has increased as a commodity, but I take my steaks seriously and need to know that I am getting something as good as I would pick out myself at the grocery. I really wish there more neighborhood butchers and bakers with whom I could build a relationship. I had that In Chicago, but never found one in Louisiana or Florida.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    The quality of meat is shit in general now a days.
  • IceyLoco
    4 years ago
    Its just greed selling bad quality at premium prices
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion