tuscl

CNN in TJ

BigFree
California
A small expose article about clubs being open on the down-low during the COVID shutdown.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/09/americas/…

20 comments

• Cactus83
    4 years ago
    Just found the article too, beat me to the punch. Lol.
    Interestng article but I'll wait til things get better before I head down there again.
  • NJBalla
    4 years ago
    Me three, I was going to inquire if people should really feel sad about sex workers having to work during the pandemic. I get the benefit for dancers and sex workers clearly, but its hard to equate thier challenges with say a person who works at a grocery store or fast food place. Those people didn't get into that line of work for the freedom or a quick buck...
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Boondoggle. Clearly somebody at CNN needed to get their fuck on. Good for them.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    CNN?? It must be fake news! Just ask The Donald!

Seriously, in their frame of reference, a lot of those women are the sole support of their families. If they don't work, their kids, or even their brothers and sisters, or maybe even their parents don't eat. If they do work, they are exposed to the coronavirus.

That is truly a Hobson's choice. 😟
  • TJ Walker
    4 years ago
    Good article. Good place to party anytime.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    In my too many visits to TJ, this article is typical of most of the BGs who shared their stories with me.

Though a few were working to buy a house, pay for college, or start a small business, the majority told me they were single moms taking care of their families by working in TJ bars.

Most recounted stories of their mom ir grandmother watching her children while she earned money for the family a few weeks or a month at a time.

Most BGs wold work about two weeks and return home for two weeks to a month.

Another thing it costs them money to work in TJ, travel expenses, medical card, hotel, food, clothing, make up, hair, and nails.

Once working at the club, some had a drink quota and the clubs can be very strict about being late, spending too much time in a customer's room, and missing days, levying fines or not allowing BGs to work the weekend shift.
  • mf92802
    4 years ago
    I have had the most fun with those working their way through college (now a flight attendant) or are single (no kid) and simply think it a fun way to make money. Although my ATF is a single mom trying to make ends meet.
  • mf92802
    4 years ago
    Just returned from my monthly trip and wanted to provide an update and here seemed as good as anyplace.

Hotels continue to remain open for business creating make-shift clubs within. On my first night there, Sunday, the club was on the seventh floor of Hotel Cascadas. In the PH Suite they created a club that was half HK and half Chavalas. At some point early Monday morning all of the hotel clubs for this organization were closed by the police. On Monday night the HK/Chavelas club had reopened with all the same girls, waiters and staff in the basement of the hotel associated with La Malquerida.

On Monday night it was really bad. The room was not ventilated and outside was just dirt. On Tuesday night they had installed air conditioning and poured cement outside. They also added substantial seating outside. On Wednesday night they had added mobile stripper poles inside and on the patio they added a canopy and a small stage where they had a three BG shaving cream show.

I was simply amazed at the creativity and innovation to keep things open. I was able to party with all of my regular bar girls and waiters.

The Tropical BG were in a hotel down the street. Sorry but I did not get the name. It was on the second floor of this hotel where they simply replaced hotel furniture with bar furniture. It was hot and uncomfortable and I did not stay long.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    It must be so very important to progressives that people are paying for sex in Mexico. How idiotic that progressives would actually consider that news. Cnn = bringing stupidity to new levels daily.
    4 years ago
    Nothing on CNN, or Fox for that matter, is news. It is all opinion and entertainment.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    @mf92802

Thanks for sharing some details about TJ.

The Mexican government announced the boarder is officially closed for nonessential travel until at least October 21, this is the 5th extension of the closure.

The enforcement and strictness vary and even the enforcement in the Zona Norte is incinsistent, most Mongers can visit TJ with relative ease.

I anticipate the border and the Zona Norte clubs reopening in 2021.

Though I applaud the efforts and creativity of the clubs and hotels, for me the great thing about TJ was the openess of mongering, now that it is closed (and technically illegal) the appeal for me has diminished (even if I was still mongering).
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i experience tj during the shutdown. it’s better than nothing.
    can’t wait for the clubs to reopen.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    How are you getting into TJ if the border is closed to non-essential travel?
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Gamma, he has a lot of appointments for oral exams with his "dentist" that is essential.
    Jascoi, do you hear of any rumors of that reopening happening ?
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’ve hear new rumors often. one is next week. another is next year.
    i’ll believe it when happens. i am just surprised it is taking so long.
  • TJ Walker
    4 years ago
    Other clubs open today, HK should be soon.
  • SDMan619
    4 years ago
    Heard from the other forum TT, that HK will open its doors tomorrow (10/8) at 50% capacity and close at 3am, with precautions. I’ll probably go check it out. Anybody else going?
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    SDMan619 Looking forward to your report. Too many health issues to risk going myself, but watching each installment of this saga looking forward to when things are normalized.
  • TJ Walker
    4 years ago
    HK is open tonite 🍺.
  • Okone
    4 years ago
    I've been to TJ 14 times or so since the "shutdown". I haven't had any issues walking nor driving into Tijuana. Coming back to California can be 3 to 5 hour wait in a car, and usually 1 hour to 90 mins walking. Most restaurants and shopping is open. Viva Mexico.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion