tuscl

OT: Not surprised

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Florida Ranked As One Of Least Safest States In The U.S., Study Finds

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2020/06/02/fl…

7 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    All 50 state rankings are at the end of the article
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    TX, LA, and MS in the bottom 5 are not a surprise. Those are highly industrialized states with a large population of poorly educated people. TX in particular, as a border state, has a serious illegal immigrant and drug cartel problem.

FL is not very industrial, although it certainly has many poorly educated residents. It also suffers from a large illegal immigrant and cartel import problem, although the water border is more challenging to croas than the land border. Im trying to think of the terror attacks and mass shootings. That muslim major was at Ft. Hood TX, nothing come to mind for LA and MS, but FL has had the Orlando gay club, Ft. Lauderdale airport, the Pensacola NAS, and the Parkland mass shooting.

My problem with these kinds of surveys is that you can often manipulate the results to suit your desired ends, and the websites posting them are pay-per-click, if not sheer clickbait.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Statistics don't lie; people do.
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    There are lies, damn lies and statistics.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    The most dangerous cities to live in- Baltimore, Chicago, New York, St. Louis, are not in those states. You have to look at the whole board, guys.
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    skibum609,

Numbers don't lie. interpenetration and presentation do lie!
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Mr_O stated my point more clearly than I had myself. Thank you.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion