tuscl

Stripper Reaction to J-Lo's Superbowl Pole Dance

SirLapdancealot
Knight of the Round Table Dance
Wednesday, February 5, 2020 12:38 PM
Just curious what folks think of this article. What do any strippers think of the backlash towards J-Lo here? [view link]

11 comments

• SirLapdancealot
    4 years ago
    I thought it was interesting that FOSTA was a significant income hit to dancers.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    4 years ago
    I don’t care. This person who wrote the article is making something that has nothing to do with her, about her. Jlo did that because she was in that movie this year and someone thought it was received warmly. I thought it was a pretty boring performance in spite of being high energy, but most super bowl performers aren’t contemporary or even popular at the time and idc if i miss them. No different here. I’m very over jlo, it wasn’t a wow for me, I don’t care that she did that and I don’t think anyone wanted to see it. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • EndlessSummer
    4 years ago
    Oh, man...I couldn't even finish the article. Sorry, but I don't subscribe to the "poor me" way of viewing this industry or any other part of life. Half time shows, like stage shows in strip clubs, are strictly meant to be entertainment. I'm not sure why someone always feels the need to take a stance on something that doesn't beg one. I would say to the author: If you're offended, don't watch. If you're not entertained, don't watch. If you, in any way, shape, or form don't like what you see or hear... walk away, change the channel, whatever it takes to not watch or listen. (Apply to most anything. Live and let live.) 🔆🧡🔆
  • SirLapdancealot
    4 years ago
    @PSD and Endless interesting perspectives and thanks. I thought the article devolved into the author's (a Portland stripper, BTW) personal rant on how unfairly strippers are treated in civilian life, especially ones that are parents.
  • max_starr
    4 years ago
    I felt bad for Cardi B in that movie...jlo "showing her the ropes" lol
  • EndlessSummer
    4 years ago
    ^ That's a struggle I know well...I just don't lament over it. I'm keenly aware of what most of society feels about this profession, so I adjust accordingly. IMO, if she really has a problem with it, she should do the same or find a new job. Just sayin'...😌
  • FishHawk
    4 years ago
    I watched the halftime show with my wife. I enjoyed the music and the dancing and she did as well. She did say that they shouldn’t of done the stripper poles. After watching a few excellent pole dancers in clubs I thought it was pretty tame. I told her a lot of women dance on poles for exercise.
  • EndlessSummer
    4 years ago
    Oops... last comment meant for SirLap
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    If its on huffington compost its going to be either a whiny bitchfest, a lie, or both. Dancers lose custody of their childreN/ No examples, just the lie. Who will they lose custody to? Drug dealer gameboy Dad? Their pimp? Their parents? Did they lose custody because they were a dancer or 9 opiod od's? I understand Summer's last post and would advise her to not focus on how people feel about her profession and to focus on professions people despise more like IRS Agent or Attorney.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    4 years ago
    SirLD, why is every pdx stripper a blogger lol??
  • SirLapdancealot
    4 years ago
    LOL @PSD maybe it's a convergence of three things: 1) we have a lot of strippers here, some career ones, 2) it's a high tech area where anyone can blog, and 3) LOL weed is legal and strippers with a lot of time on their hands get high and get it in their heads to blog. 😝
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion