tuscl

Headline: Man found shot, killed near NW Atlanta strip club

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Man was found in the woods behind a package store. Why wasn't that the headline?

"A man was found dead Monday morning in a wooded area near a northwest Atlanta strip club.

Police were called to investigate about 1 a.m. after the man was spotted lying behind a package store on Donald Lee Hollowell Parkway. The store is across the street from the Blue Flame Lounge.The victim, who was not identified, was shot in the chest, Atlanta police spokesman Officer Anthony Grant said. Homicide detectives were called to the scene to investigate. They had not located any witnesses early Monday, according to Channel 2 Action News. "

7 comments

• PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    I love watching Forensic Files, First 48, etc, and they ALWAYS try so hard to tie something that happened to a stripper or a strip club. Ooh, so sensational! Bc a stripper/strip club was involved! Whoa!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Good Point, death at San Jose Pink Poodle, our DA tried to make the owners responsible, and charged bouncer with Murder 1. Became also a war against the Hells Angles Motorcycle Club. Also unlikely they had anything to do with it.

Efforts failed. Seems unlikely that that charge was appropriate or that the owners had anything to do with it.

I excoriated the newspaper for their "source journalism", just taking what DA told them and printing it.

SJG

Pleaser 10" boots:
    https://pleasershoes.com/products/beyond…
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    I remember in the 80's the local TV news had a lead-in about a liquor store robbery. "Next, a liquor store robbery in an area notorious for several nearby strip clubs." Yes, at the time there were 4-5 clubs on a mile and a half stretch with two more around the corner. Three of them are still there. But, the liquor store was probably a quarter mile from the closest one.

Just a ratings grab. Less people changed channels than if they said it was near several popular restaurants, which was also true.

It was not even that sensational. The "robbery" was two guys grabbed a case of liquor and knocked down the clerk when he tried to stop them for not paying. If they did not make the strip club tie-in, it probably does not even make the news.
  • Jacks4thson
    5 years ago
    Was Ray Lewis in town?
  • EndlessSummer
    5 years ago
    Sex sells!! We're all living proof...😋
  • BigDickSammy_
    5 years ago
    Awww
  • BigDickSammy_
    5 years ago
    Cum to my club shadowcat