tuscl
The Landing Strip Lounge
36431 Goddard Rd Romulus, MI 48174

Tip Out Rates and Fees

Friday, January 17, 2020 12:38 AM
My friend and I went here to work next. A bouncer greeted us at the coat check upstairs. He told us to have a seat whike he took photocopies of our IDs and brought us back applications to fill out. The application was a little weird. It asked for height and weight information as well as past clubs we've worked at. It also asked if we had anything medical going on (liability reasons I'm sure) and asked if we are taking any medications currently. Then it asked what the medications were and the reason for them, etc. After that, we were lead down stairs to the locker room which is located at the back of the bar. We found an empty locker we were able to use. Apparently the lockers here get taken quickly. So if anybody decides to ever work here, I would recommend bringing a lock for their bag or a lock for a locker just in case. after getting dressed, we went back upstairs to the DJ. The DJ was really quick and to-the-point over all of the rules. I'm going to list everything I remember. No chewing gum on the floor or on stage. Hair needs to be worn down and not in a ponytail. Tops need to be completely 100% off on stage (not slid to the side or anything like that). Being late to stage results in a fine. This particular DJ gives one minute after your song has started to get to stage before you're considered late. Unfortunately, the DJ does not call out multiple girls in queue. He only says who is next on stage and that they have 3 minutes. There is no free skips if you're in VIP. a Romulus dance card is required, but they let you work without it for a few weeks until you decide if you're staying at the club or not. Unfortunately, I don't know much about how to get the card or the cost of it - only that the club will get it for you. There is a stage review/roll call every hour on the hour. The stage has 5 poles. Three of those poles are obnoxiously large making it impossible to do pole tricks on. There are two 45 mm chrome poles that spin off to the sides of the main stage. There was a five girl rotation on stage tonight with one girl at every pole. In total, there were 27 of us. Tip outs and fees: $13 house mom $25 dj $60 house fee (only if you do dances and must be given to the VIP bouncer after your first or second dance/songs, it's charged even if you do just one dance/song) $25 stage skip fee Valet $8 $10 late fine charged every hour after 7pm $??? late for stage fine (the DJ never told us what that fine is) We were lead downstairs to VIP to talk to the bouncer there. There are only five curtained booths and it is extremely dark in the VIP area. four of the five boots are free to use, and the booth in the very back is $20 to use. There is no charge to go 2 VIP, but it's recommended that you tip the bouncer on the way in. The bouncer is well aware of what happens in VIP and covered rules for regular dances and extra curricular activities. We went back upstairs for the 9 p.m. roll call. A bouncer asked me to step down from stage to talk to somebody during the roll call. I was worried that I had done something wrong, but a friend of the current manager wanted to talk to me. It was through him that I had finally met and talked to the manager. I told the manager I was there to audition and he said no audition was necessary and he would hire my friend and me without one. Then he bought my friend and I two shots and we went on stage for our first set. During my stage set, customers were grabbing at my boobs and my ass while they were tipping me. I don't know if that's common for this place or if it was just those particular customers being rude. I threatened one guy that if he grabbed at my boobs one more time he wouldn't have a hand to grab anything with. All of the customers are well aware of what happens in VIP and I, personally, don't think a dancer could be successful here without doing extracurricular activities unless she has loyal customers to come in for her. Three of the four guys who tipped me during my first stage set solicited me on the spot while they were tipping me. I'm definitely not used to any of that. Pros: It's a small club, but it's not a dive bar. The tip out is a lot less than Flight Club's tip out. Customers actually tip on stage here (or at least tonight they were (unlike my one night at FC)). The locker room is relatively spacious. There are a lot of lockers and there are benches for girls to sit on well they get ready. There's a lot of counter space and a lot of mirror space to use. No required schedule!! We can come and go as we please. Many clubs require their dancers work a certain amount of days per week, but LS said they don't. Cons: No free stage skip. Smoking in the bar. Girls openly talking about their prices, what they did with someone in vip, not minding their business and interrupting conversations. The stage sucks. It's thin (like 3 feet wide). VIP is WAY too dark. Lazy dancers on stage. Most literally just stood in place. The only restroom dancers can use is in the locker room. So if you are coming from VIP, you have to go up stairs, around the bar, and then back down a flight of stairs to go to the dressing room. The house mom supplied very little food or clothes for sale. I know some of the cons I listed are me nitpicking and wouldn't bother everyone, but those were my cons. Overall, I would definitely recommend this club to extras friendly dancers. It is a great alternative to Flight Club, but much more dark inside and a LOT smaller overall. If I remember anything else, I will add it later as a comment. If anyone has any specific questions, I can try to answer as best as possible.

19 comments

• wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Oooh. Thought of something. There is a day shift, midshift, and night shift. Midshift is 4pm-midnight. I don't know how the tip out works if a girl does a mid shift and night shift. I don't know if they would have to pay double tip out or not.
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    Compliments. Excellent write up that will be helpful for prospective dancers and interesting to customers who don't typically see the business side of a club. One question-- to what extent do dancers pressure each other to keep their prices at or above a certain price point?
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    There wasn't any. The fabled "unionizing" for service prices doesn't exist and never will exist. There is always going to be one or two girls who would fuck it up and undercut everyone else. Girls were very open about talking about their own personal prices or what customers wanted, but nobody within earshot was arguing against prices or claiming anybody was being "cheap". There is a group here but I know from Legends. After Legends remove here curtains, that group stayed behind and did extras until the city shut the extras down there. I know that group, two years ago, was instructed by their "pimp" 2 never dip below $200 for anything. I don't know if they're abiding by that at LS or not. Girls also don't openly go and ask each other what each other is charging for things. That's how a dancer would get her ass beat. "Jezebel" might claim in the locker room that she sold full service for $500 someone, but in reality it was more like $300. Situations like that happen when a girl doesn't want to be seen as cheap or undercutting others, especially if other girls are claiming they're selling the same services for $500 or whatever other prices. If "Coco" hears girls are doing BJs for $250, but she did it for $150, of course she's going to say she's sold it for the same amount as everyone else (assuming she's the type to share that information openly with other dancers). I never believe when someone says they sold a service for certain amount or they made a certain amount of money in one night - especially if they openly volunteer the information to everyone around.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Also, not every girl does extras here. A regular customer told me it's pretty divided over extras and non extras girls. I was able to do two dances with that same customer. The VIP bouncer does keep track of song counts, too. So if a dancer or a customer have a disagreement on song count, the bouncer knows how many.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Thanks for another report on a club from the dancer point of view. It's very interesting. I've been visiting the Landing Strip for years, and you told me a lot I didn't know.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Thanks Waffle. This is really outstanding information! Honestly IMO it helps the dancer if you have an educated customer to understand dancer fees. Prevents misunderstandings.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Pricing for services is so relative; I have always considered it a range and many factors affect the $$ amount. Great information as usual WW and thank you. Oh, and I think the obnoxiously large poles on the stage are holding up the roof....
  • DrStab
    4 years ago
    Thanks again for your contributions.
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    So what is your answer to the high school math problem? Quite obviously less than the public proclamations of high prices from dancers. BTW, if you google "how to price your services," you'll find volumes of advice.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... There are only five curtained booths ... four of the five boots are free to use, and the booth in the very back is $20 to use ..." Does the dancer or custy pay this? If it's the dancer is it a $20 fee every time she uses it?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... There is no charge to go 2 VIP, but it's recommended that you tip the bouncer on the way in ..." Who would do the tipping, the dancer or the PL?
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Papi; The PL is expected to pick up the cost of the big room or the regular room tip.... unless otherwise negotiated.... I also recommend having a night light app on your phone if you desire any type of visual satisfaction.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    👍
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    @heaving-- no offense taken. It is an interesting discussion on how to price a service, especially those that you might seek at a strip club. And how different the calculations are for the seller versus purchaser of those services. @Papi. I typically tip the "bouncer" 5-10 dollars. During the day time, there is not formal charge for the smaller private dance areas (actually they are larger and nicer than the private dance facilities at many other clubs). There is a 20 charge for the large private dance area which has a padded bench that is about 2-3 times as large as the smaller private dance rooms.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    The customer pays for that room. And the customer tips the bouncer. It doesn't have to be a big sum. Even $5 or $10.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    So, after night #2: There are more than 4 VIP enclosures. I believe there are seven free ones and the largest is still $20. Tonight, I went in the largest roo. There's a full length pleather couch. Honestly, that's all that's more special about it than normal size rooms with bench seats. The club was REALLY busy between 6:30pm-8pm. I got to meet Jackslash for a moment before I got pulled away. He's kind of adorable, seriously. I asked the house mom more about the Romulus permits. She said she's worked there for nine years and had only ever experienced one raid in that time (I don't know her shifts or schedule though). Basically, girls have to sign up in the locker room to report to the club around noon every Wednesday. Then (from what I gathered) everyone is taken to the local P.D. for caberet
  • wiffle shwaffle
    4 years ago
    Fuck. Stupid voice to text. Anyway, everyone is taken to the local police department for cabaret licenses. Dancers pay $22 which covers their background check, while the club fronts money for the rest of the fees that go toward the license. unfortunately, that's all I could get out of the house Mom regarding the licenses and how they are obtained. for any dancer who's interested in this club, this is still a better bargain than what you would get working within the city limits of Detroit. Any club within the city limits is supposedly a strict non extras club and the permits cost almost $170 (including all fees) for the entire year and expires on your next birth date. $22 vs $170: your choice. I have one more night left at this club for now. If anyone else has any other questions, let me know; and if it is something I can't answer I will try to find the answer during my Saturday night there.
  • Techman
    4 years ago
    What is the dancer's % of LD's, VIP's and tips?
  • dirtyburt
    4 years ago
    So a $98 total tip out at LS if you are Not fined for anything.. Curious what the “Tip Out” is at the FC???? I never asked........
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion