tuscl

Providence strip club faces potential shutdown after police allege drug dealing,

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

15 comments

• skibum609
    5 years ago
    The management at the Wild Zebra made the mistake of cooperating with the Police when a pimp attacked and harmed a dancer in the parking lot. Luckily Providence has no murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, arson etc and the cops can spend thousands of dollars looking at naked women while earning pension time.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    100% agree!
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    I hope they stay away from Desire!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    That shithole manages to be the starting point for pretty much every major crackdown in Providence, because the owners and managers are idiots.

It was a live grenade when it was Cheaters, and nothing changed when they painted it and changed the name to Wild Zebra.

I hope it closes for good or gets sold to someone who knows how to run a club.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    "I hope they stay away from Desire!"

I wouldn't be surprised if all the Providence clubs batten down the hatches, so to speak.
  • bullzeye
    5 years ago
    The timing would suck for me as I was planning to visit PVD next week. Oh well...
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Desires dancers and staff will respond by limiting contact with everyone, but well known regulars.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I wouldn't be surprised if all the Providence clubs batten down the hatches, so to speak."

You can bet on it, especially after what was happening earlier in the year.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ^^^ He's not wrong.
  • crosscheck
    5 years ago
    Ishmael is right. They ran the loosest ship in town when it was Cheaters, paid the price for it, but didn't learn a damn thing from it. When one club screws up, the rest of them become a lot less fun afterwards, at least for awhile. Which of course sucks.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yep. Which is why I'd rather they sell the entire business (building and all) or get shut down permanently.

I think that the strip club scene in Providence would be greatly improved if that club got demolished and the land salted.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Burn the buildind and hope it speads to Wonderland.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I don't go to Wonderland, but I have no problem with the club as long as it stays out of the news.
  • codemonkey
    5 years ago
    At the time I was in PVD lots of people were still talking about Foxy Lady getting busted but there was still plenty of fun to be found for this out-of-towner at Desire.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If we don't ski all day Sunday I will be at Desires watching the football game and will report back.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion