tuscl

San Francisco

"San Francisco's newly elected district attorney has promised not to prosecute public urination and other quality-of-life crimes"
Does this mean he will leave the "Theaters" alone also?
SF used to have some places that were you could get anything you desired (Mitchel Bros etc.)

13 comments

• Clubber
    5 years ago
    I think it means a once great city will continue it's travels into an abyss!
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    They have already fucked up the "Theaters" with the employee model for the dancers.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Soon as I read OP's post my thought was this could be a great development for PLs because this new DA's sole job has been a public defender and public defenders may trend toward not prosecuting ITC activities in clubs.

Then I looked up the new DA's full quote on not prosecuting "quality-of-life-crimes" and the full quote is: "We will not prosecute cases involving quality-of-life crimes. Crimes such as public camping, offering or soliciting sex, public urination, blocking a sidewalk, etc., should not and will not be prosecuted. Many of these crimes are still being prosecuted; we have a long way to go to decriminalize poverty and homelessness.”

So apparently prosecution of prostitutes and johns is dead, short term at least. If there's no street prostitution prosecution, stands to reason there'd be none for ITC club activities and some clubs (more likely the FN ones) would loosen up on ITC activities even more.

The dance and room pricing will not be coming down though. With the change from IC to employee model, dance and room prices increased 20% across the board and SF was already crazy expensive. The increased dance and room pricing is here to stay unfortunately because the employee model remains.

Another bad result of the employee model is that all the girls' income decreased significantly, causing room hustle and tip hustle to increase. That will not be going away either. The girls prefer the IC model and hate the employee model and the tuscl users who post rah rah employee rights it's good for the girls - well, those users are selling their political views and not basing it on dancer input.

Another bad result of the employee model was that many hot dancers fled SF due to significantly decreased income. That situation has mostly corrected itself, at least in the TL clubs. And as time progresses and if employee model continues, someday there will be no girls left that remember the good ol' IC days.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    San Francisco used to be such a beautiful city. Now its dirty and filled with crime. Good thing the DA; a child of terrorists will enhance the joy of walking along sidewalks filled with people taking a dump.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Was recently in SF on a street corner a few doors down from a club I'd just exited. Street dude asked me for money while I was on the phone and I waved him no. He then pulls it out and takes a piss on the wall a few feet from me and I move away.
    Not that he was going to be prosecuted for that anyway, but with this new DA he can piss the streets with impunity.
    On the Market Street corridor there's a multi level subway stop called Powell Street station. Every night about 3 AM city workers wash the sidewalks and stairways with a fire hose to clean the transient residue.
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    "San Francisco used to be such a beautiful city. Now its dirty and filled with crime. Good thing the DA; a child of terrorists will enhance the joy of walking along sidewalks filled with people taking a dump."

"Was recently in SF on a street corner a few doors down from a club I'd just exited. Street dude asked me for money while I was on the phone and I waved him no. He then pulls it out and takes a piss on the wall a few feet from me and I move away.
    Not that he was going to be prosecuted for that anyway, but with this new DA he can piss the streets with impunity.
    On the Market Street corridor there's a multi level subway stop called Powell Street station. Every night about 3 AM city workers wash the sidewalks and stairways with a fire hose to clean the transient residue."

I won't turn this topic political but there are political reasons why Frisco is turning in to a cesspool.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Guys, the DA not prosecuting ITC activities is nothing new. It has been that way for 23 years and counting. Extras are available at most non-alcohol clubs. The alcohol clubs will continue to be no-extras regardless of what the prosecutor does, because they're not scared of the prosecutor, they're scared of ABC pulling their liquor license. Not prosecuting ITC is not any sort of change. The state of SF clubs is not due to LE or the DA. In fact, the one time in the early 2000s that the police decided to test this, and made a couple of arrests, the DA refused to prosecute, and it's been hands-off ever since.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    So he is a fraud and lying about something he'll do, thats been done for years. Figures.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    ski, the DA didn't say anything about any change regarding strip clubs; the only place there was ever mention of a change in policy towards strip clubs is here on tuscl. I'm just pointing out that the DA's statement about "quality-of-life" crimes isn't about strip clubs -- strip clubs have been hands off for years. It's about public urination and the like
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I should add that this is the one reason is lament the state of SF clubs. Whereas the rest of you are dealing with extras clubs that to some extent or other are dodging LE action and political attention, in SF it's a free pass. This city should have amazing clubs -- and, in fact, it did, 20 years ago.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Good points Subra, I was connecting dots that don't merit connecting on non-prosecution of street stuff and increased ITC activity. I trend toward TL clubs cuz I like to drink when I club so I didn't have context for what goes down in FN clubs. And you're right about TL club liquor license being at risk for "lewd" activity - dunno if ABC has its own lewdness enforcement division but yes huge risk for TL club alcohol income.
    But @ski and others, don't let the DA's politics and pockets of street crime get you down on SF as a tourism destination. Yes there's some dumpy locations with homeless and street crime (Market Street corridor, parts of Mission District) and yes there's tourist traps (Chinatown, Pier 39) but SF is great fun. I've lived in or spent lots of time in all the west coast big cities and SF to me ranks #1 for cool stuff to do. That said, it's not a clubbing destination.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Yeah, I think SF for most people, is probably like Vegas is for me: if you are an insider, I'm sure it's fun clubbing there. But if you aren't a regular and don't know how to work the system, it's not going to be a great place to go clubbing. Same reason I'm always happy to pass on clubbing in vegas
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Interesting story for you! Although I'll apologize in advance that I could be messing up some details. Okay, remember when I said:

-->" In fact, the one time in the early 2000s that the police decided to test this, and made a couple of arrests, the DA refused to prosecute,"

Given that there was no police presence from 1996 forward, why did they suddenly freak out and do some busts in 2004 (I think it was?). Answer is, because the DA at the time was refusing to press for the death penalty, and when an SF police officer was gunned down and that DA refused to go after the death penalty ... and the law enforcement community was absolutely outraged. In an attempt to pressure and embarrass the DA, the cops went into the clubs and made some busts. The DA dropped all charges, and it turned the the people of SF didn't care. Thus ended the one SF LE prostitution busts for ITC action in the clubs, since 1996

DA at the time? Kamala Harris
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion