tuscl

Geniuses are Just Like Us

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:28 PM
"Richard Feynman, a Nobel prize-winning physicist who helped develop the atomic bomb and figure out the source of the shuttle Challenger explosion, visited strip clubs nearly daily near his home in California. He mainly worked on lectures and equations there. But for breaks, Feynman would watch the dancers and draw them. His wife, his third marriage by this time, was fine with this." [view link]

4 comments

• DougS
    17 years ago
    Genius? If he were a genius, he'd be getting dances from the girls, instead of drawing them!
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Feynman was also, evidently, a great "pick up genius." In the 60s and 70s he developed a whole system of attitudes and approaches, most of which are now ensconced firmly in the lore of horny frustrated adolescent boys who troll the internet looking for tips about how they could get laid more.
  • Scratch
    17 years ago
    Bill Gates had the same approach. Back when MS was just a dream, Bill frequented strip clubs with Ballmer and everyone else, and he figured out how to hack a stripper's mind and dated lots of them. Easy to do when you figure out that most strippers are bored or unsatisfied and want intensity and excitement.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Really? I'd love to hear about Gates' magic ... I've often tried to "hack a stripper's mind" but gotten nowhere with it. I guess Mr. Gates is rather a bright guy -- though, I caution, his rags-to-riches and hard-work-is-rewarded stories aren't actually true -- and I also guess he's not (or wasn't at the time) your typical rich-and-flashy (or outlaw-biker) dude who gets all the girls, geeky as he is. So maybe there's something I could learn from him ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion