tuscl

OT: That would be kinda weird

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
NYC Man Documents On Video His Trip As Sole Passenger On SkyWest/Delta Flight

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/08/13/…

5 comments

• shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Many years ago my wife and I (retired Delta employee) were flying from Acapulco MX to Dallas. We were the only ones sitting in the first class section and the only other revenue passenger was sitting in coach all by himself.

I suggested to one of the flight attendants that they should invite him to come up front and sit in first class. She said "We would have but he passed out in his seat as soon as were departed".
  • rattdog
    5 years ago
    reminds me of a louie ck bit i heard about boarding on a plane and finding nobody but 2 babies inside the plane.
  • Corvus
    5 years ago
    The flight this solo traveler was on was surely a small regional plane. And the article said he was on a rescheduled flight. Made more sense to me he was alone under those circumstances.

Many years ago I traveled on American for a relatively short trip. The plane had, at most, 20 seats. I was one of only two passengers. The pilots wasted their time using the intercom system. They could have just turned around and said "here we go, hang on" and it would have been sufficient. And no flight attendant from what I remember. It was way before 9/11.

The headline makes you think this fellow had a whole 747 to himself when it could have been a propeller driven plane.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Delta says passenger who posted viral video of ‘private jet’ experience boarded plane that never took off

Delta Airlines said Wednesday that a passenger whose viral video purportedly showed him lucking into a “private jet” experience last week was the only passenger boarding a plane but the aircraft never lifted off. Vincent Peone of New York City filmed and tweeted his solo boarding experience for Delta Connection Flight 3652 from Aspen to Salt Lake City. But according to the airline, the flight did not ultimately depart with him on it.

“Delta Connection Flight 3652 last week pushed back but shortly returned to the gate due to a maintenance issue. The aircraft departed a short time later without any customers onboard," Delta spokesperson Anthony Black said in an email to The Washington Post.

Delta had appeared to confirm the flight Monday with a tweet to Peone, saying it looked like an “awesome experience." The video has since gained millions of views on Twitter.

Peone, who spoke to The Post on Monday about his experience, has not returned several calls and emails seeking comment on the information provided by Delta on Wednesday.

Subscribe to the Post Most newsletter: Today’s most popular stories on The Washington Post
    In his interview with The Post, Peone repeatedly suggested he flew alone on the plane.

“It reminded me of an experience you’d have flying in the ’50s or something. It was very positive, and [the flight crew] thought it was funny. But I was like: Why would they even do this? Why even fly the plane? Delay me or cancel or something!" he said in the initial interview.

Peone’s video began with flight attendants at the Aspen airport calling him to board the plane. The flight crew is seen adding weight to the plane to make up for the lack of passengers. Peone shakes hands with the pilots, takes his seat, and listens to the flight attendant read through standard in-flight announcements. Peone pans to show the empty seats behind him, then finishes the video with a photo of himself posing in the doorway of the plane.

When Peone was asked whether he had ever flown on a private jet before, he told The Post: “I have never flown on a true private jet. But I have filmed on them before; I’ve physically been on them, but they were grounded.”

He later retweeted articles from media outlets who reported on his experience. His video, which ends before any takeoff, remains on Twitter.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/de…
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Many times air lines have to re position an aircraft for the next flight. They usually change the flight number to one reserved for ferry flights. Ferry flight can have flight attendants on board to re position them too but they do not get paid for working it like a revenue flight.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion