tuscl

Brazilian Wax - A Warning

DougS
Florida
Waxing... I know there's been some postings about Brazilian waxes, etc. If you have a SO, an ATF or a fave that receives Brazilian waxes, you may want to warn them.

Let me preface this with the fact that had I not known PERSONALLY of this incident, I would not believe it could happen. I'm told that women receiving Brazilian waxes are cautioned that it is a possibility, but I've never heard of the potential.

My wife, who is a nurse, has a patient in the hospital who lives in our neighborhood and is in her early 30's, and quite attractive (and somewhat high maintenance). This lady had a Brazilian wax done, and was warned that because the procedure opens pores and makes one susceptible to infection, one should be very careful when using public bathrooms.

Aparently, she had a need to use a public restroom and sat down on the toilet seat without taking any precautions. She came down with an infection, and didn't have it taken care of at the first signs and eventually went into septic shock. She is now in a fetal position and is semi-comatose, with her kidneys shut down (she's on dialysis). Her fingers and toes are all black due to reduced circulatory funtion.

She has started showing signs of recovery and is expected to recover, but to what extent is not known. She will at least be losing all of her toes and fingers.

0 comments

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion