Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

OT: RIP Bart Starr (1934 - 2019)

minnow
minnowVIP19318119

Any place that interests me.

7 yrs ago · 1 min read

I'm not a Packers fan, but I recognize a great quarterback and a class act when I see it. One can debate the pre- free agent era vs today all day long, but Bart Starr still holds the best playoff record (9 -1), and the highest post-season passer rating (104.8). Only 5 other QBs ** presently equal or exceed his Super Bowl record of 2 - 0 as a starting SB QB. RIP, sir, and thanks for the memorable games.

** note that 2 active QB's, Tom Brady, and Ben Roethlisberger went 3 - 0, and 2 - 0, respectively prior to their 1st Super Bowl defeat.

Replies (4)

Profile picture for Huntsman
Huntsman
•

Yeah. He was a class act.

Profile picture for rockie
rockie
•

Bart Starr was revered far beyond his Green Bay fan base and long past his playing days.

Profile picture for Clubber
Clubber
•

Got to see him in the pre-Super Bowl AFL-NFL World Championship Game, January of '68. Also when the Packers played the Dolphins in the regular season his last year, '72 as I recall. One of my all time favorites.

Profile picture for ATACdawg
ATACdawg
•

Always a class act. I was born in Detroit but could never bring myself to hate the man. Nitschke, on the other hand.........

RIP, Mr. Starr. You were a good guy and a great qb.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement