Merrick Garland, denied Supreme Court spot, on court set to consider Trump subpo

Icey
I put your ATF on a winning team
karma lulz

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat…

7 comments

• Electronman
    5 years ago
    If anyone is interested in background:

Frontline (PBS) just ran a special called Supreme Revenge, a story that started with the Bork confirmation hearing and tracked the increasingly combative and polarizing Supreme Court confirmation hearings, including the hearings for Clarence Thomas, Brett Kavanaugh and the blocking of Merrick Garland's nomination. It does not paint an optimistic picture for the emergence of any more moderate and collaborative leadership.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Seems like the center has been eroding for some time now.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think we need the current state of polarization in this country. Its a turning point and we have to find a path and follow it. Moderation is often times just a buzzword for inaction and trying to maintain the status quo as is.
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Jimmy Kimmel commenting on Garland and Trump's subpoena appeal:

"How perfect is that? That's like if Donald and Melania renewed their vows, and the minister was Stormy Daniels."
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    Oooh, ahhh, what a super duper huge karma moment. What a great opportunity to tell the Republicans that they should have given him his hearing, right? ☺ *big grin with a thumbs up*

Or...

The DC Circuit is so liberal that the odds of Trump winning are almost non-existent regardless of who serves as its Chief Judge. Whatever ruling comes from this is a formality anyway as there is no doubt that whichever party loses will appeal to the Supreme Court.

Sorry if this rained on your over-emotional self-satisfaction parade. ;)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    I'm confused.

Don't judges base their rulings on the law and not political ideology and a lust for vengeance?
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Because this administration has such respect for the law.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion