tuscl

OT: Pink pasta sauce

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Was looking thru the online menu of an Italian restaurant about 30-minutes from my house (ate there a couple of times in the early-90s and had forgotten about the place).

They have a pink sauce as one of the pasta sauce choices - had no freaking idea what the hell pink sauce is - apparently their pink sauce is a mix of marinera and alfredo sauce - my first impression for w/e reason is yuk but it may be good.

15 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’m not a fan of cream sauces, it’s prolly an ala vodka sauce.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    They mix alfredo sauce which is white with marinera sauce which is red and that is their pink sauce
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ That’s pretty much what ala vodka, and arabiata sauces are in Italian cooking.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    I LOVE Italian food. It’s my favorite

I don’t eat out much, but when I do, I often go to this mom and pop Italian joint called Tre Nonne

Often times I go right before going to the club ;-)
  • Muddy
    5 years ago
    Sounds good as fuck to me
  • grand1511
    5 years ago
    Pink sauce pairs perfects with Vanilla Orange Coke.
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    ^^Orange Vanilla Coke is horrible. I bought a six-pack of it to try because I like regular Coca Cola. I could not even get through one bottle. It is just plain bad.
  • OldGringo
    5 years ago
    I love Vodka sauce. I think Classico sells a pretty good vodka sauce in the grocery stores. I love arrabiata sauce too.

Vodka sauce goes best with penne or rigatoni pasta imo.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    There's a sauce called palomino... that's basically marinara with cream and parmesan.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

What's the name of the place, location. I wonder if I've been there. Being married into an Italian family over 50 years ago, not many in S. Florida I've not visited in the past.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    ^^^ Pretty sure it's the Olive Garden on 24th
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Sub,

Seems like it would be someplace other than a chain. But since I won't grace OG with my presence, I've no idea what they serve these days.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    Clubber: I'm just fucking with Papi. I realize Olive Garden is too upscale for him; who the fuck can afford infinite breadsticks, anyway?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @Clubber

It's The Big Cheese in South Miami - I assume it's been there 40 years but I rarely hit that part of town thus why I haven't visited in years (traffic is bad and the place back in the day was often busy)
  • bubba267
    5 years ago
    Papi, around here I think they call it Rosatella sauce. It is pretty good especially on the seafood based pasta dishes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion