tuscl

OT: Spring Break

Lots of Miami Beach Cops all over South Beach...

One of my buddies informed me that a Fight Broke out between Beach Goers & one person was shot...

He has been airlifted to the hospital & is currently in a Critical Condition

Also got pulled over by the Cops by 5th & Alton but I had all my Documents intact & was let go...

Planning on leaving the beach before it gets crazy again & head down to Brickell to see a friend...

Please be very careful if you’re heading to South Beach tonight...

23 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I hung out there a couple of days last week but South Beach is getting too hood and there have been multiple brawls - they have significantly increased police presence including reinforcements from other departments - cops are enforcing zero-tolerance and not allowing drinking of alcohol on the beach or street.

Many residents on the beach have been fed up with with the actions on South Beach for a few years now and I would not be surprised if some kinda changes are implemented going forward or if they kill off spring break like other cities over the years - thing with South Beach it's not necessarily the college kids but local thugs and thugs fron out of town that are not college students, causing the issues - South Beach is kinda like a street party and attracts that kinda people.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    Is Miami Beach the African-American spring break destination? From the news articles I looked at and videos I watched, it seemed all the revellers were black. In my experience, Miami Beach would be way too expensive for the average college student to spend a week at.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ yeah, seems South Beach has become kinda a destination for young black people - for years now Memorial Day Weekend has been Urban Beach Week in South Beach where it's mostly all black, and has spread from there - in some Memorial Day Weekends it got so bad with the thugness that several South Beach businesses would close down for that weekend but it was soon considered to be racist and they didn't shut down after that.

It really doesn't take any $$$ to hang out in South Beach - South Beach has also wanted to be seen as "progressive" in where they wanna be tolerant of all people (very large gay community) - all this openness and hands-off by police so people have a good time means many of the thugs from the bad South FL hoods come to South Beach bc it doesn't take any $$$ to hang out there, it's like an outdoor street party.

I would assume a lot of young people that come from outside of South FL either rent a whole bunch of people to a room or they stay in cheap motels in the city of Musmi and commute go South Beach to party.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I'm hoping the weather is nice next week for the spring breakers here. March weather is very hit or miss, especially on the coast.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Any one do whipped cream shows, not shaving cream, but whipped cream. Always hear about that in conjunction with Spring Break.

SJG
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Today was beautiful
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Today is also quite nice. Might check out Club Madonna as it is less than a block from my AirBnb.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Club Madonna is pretty well known to be a real rip off joint, smart money stays out of there.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^+1
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I'd avoid Club Madonna - major tourist/ripoff trap
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Yea I saw those reviews... it’s just so freakin close. A one minute walk.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Well - you're an experienced SCer and if you know what the club is about and wanna TOFTT, it'd be interesting to hear how the club is these days (I would assume as bad as ever)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Beach is close to and I guarantee you’ll see more eye candy at the beach, hows the weather today it’s nice up here in Boca
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    One thing is for sure, there are cops everywhere on Miami Beach.
  • Evasparkling
    6 years ago
    @FTS

It seems that at any given stop light there were at least 2 Police cars & about 4 Police officers standing around & monitoring the flow of people coming in & out of South Beach to avoid Breakdown of Law & Order...
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    These are the kinda knuckleheads that often cause chaos in South Beach (it's usually not college students that just try to have fun) but fucking low-class people that wanma be where the action/party is (South Beach):

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wsvn.com/ne…
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Holy shit - just heard the Ultra Music Festival starts next week in Miami which often attracts hundreds of thousands of young people many from all over the country and even overseas (It's an electronic music festival that goes goes most of the day for the whole weekend Fr - Su) - AFAIK there usually isn't muxh violence associated with it but drug use is an issue
  • Evasparkling
    6 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo

Miami Beach Spring Break now has a thuggish outlook due to the sheer number of Black people that tend to over crowd the Beach & fuck things up...

I like it better when it mostly Visiting Europeans & Visiting South Americans...

They generally tend to be peaceful, quiet & respectful

Unlike Blacks that keep blasting loud music everywhere including hanging out of their cars and shouting & singing on top of their voice...

Including performing stupid stunts on a Major road & freeway with their Bikes thereby endangering other road users as well as putting their lives at risk while backing up traffic on the freeway...
  • Evasparkling
    6 years ago
    Miami Spring Break is now equal to Miami Memorial Day Weekend...

You can hardly tell the difference...

It’s the same thuggish outlook...

We don’t need that here...
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Dang, i’ll be gone by then.
  • Evasparkling
    6 years ago
    Plus Blacks also tend to engage in meaningless fights...

Also you can’t really tell when things might pop off & gun shots can start flying at any minute...

I’m usually over conscious of myself { on high alert} when I’m in a gathering of mostly African Americans be it house party, Pool Party, Night Clubs & Strip Clubs...

You can never tell when it’s about to go down...
  • FTS
    6 years ago
    Not too bad today on the beach. So far i’ve Seen two topless women, both in plain sight from my spot on the beach. One was older, 50s, another was much younger, late 20s. I hope more women come to feel more free to go topless on the beach.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/vi…

Supposedly this video is from spring break somewhere in South Florida. The nogs got their asses handed to them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion