tuscl

Wanting to regulate and crack down on Marijuana

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Some of our local cities are wanting to really crack down. As CA law does still allow, some of the cities want to stop there from being any marijuana dispensaries in their cities.

People are presenting compelling testimonies of how lives are ruined by marijuana.

While I am not going to try and re-criminalize it, I still say that it is no good. So I do applaud efforts to regulate it, as CA law still allows.

As far as I am concerned it is simply Tobacco 2.0.

SJG

42 comments

• JohnTitor
    5 years ago
    refer madness hysteria is still around.

the stuff brings in the $$$$$$ for governments & municipalities to waste without accountability, so don't worry - the ganja ain't going away.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Its always about control with progressives, who pretend to be open minded and diverse and yet cannot tolerate any deviastion from their retarded "norm", any independant thought and all think with one tiny, low IQ brain. We need more wildfires, earthquakes and snow in California, preferrably every day for 2 years.
  • JohnSmith69
    5 years ago
    Purple dress Donna smokes weed. That’s why the sleepy time rapist is so sensitive about the subject.
  • Prim0
    5 years ago
    I wouldn't say it's just the progressives on this front. Politicians all over the spectrum like control. That's the problem...either they want to tell you what you can and can't say or do and can't do and forget about the Constitution that limits their abilitity to do any of that. Too many voters forget that and allow these shitheads to make laws that should never exist in the States. The religious right is all about laws that limit people based on their sense of morality. The left does it for power. Only a couple of Libertarians have ever done or said anything about lessening government power over the citizens. It's too bad that people will sacrifice their own freedom just to save others from themselves.

If it were up to me...just about everything would be legal and people would have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Get lung cancer from smoking...pay for your treatments or I guess you die from it. The government should only step in when one person's actions start to impede on the freedom of others.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    If I lived in Mississippi I would despise conservatives. I live in the bluest blue area so I despise progressives.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    People aren't talking about re-criminalizing. That had never worked very well. But many want not to license any dispensaries within their cites. Compelling stories about people who's lives have been completely taken over by marijuana.

SJG
  • TheeOSU
    5 years ago
    ^
    What's your alter ego san_jose_gay's perspective on this issue?
    He always made more sense than you and was much more fun to read. At least I never passed over his comments like I do most of your incessant ramblings.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Legal weed is just a hand out to tobacco and alcohol distribution companies. The higher penalties for weed dealers are ridiculous...just because the "legal" dealers hate competition.

There are also issues with the quality of weed, the way its grown, gmos, etc. Its crazy.

I have a funny story about a dispensary next to a fried chicken place, but won't post it here coz of possible misinterpretation and racism.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    You don't agree that marijuana is a negative factor in the lives of many juveniles?

SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Regulating it is exactly what legalization does. Criminalization is handing the regulations over to criminals and decriminalization means no regulation whatsoever.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Weed is a distraction from reality like any drug.

Decriminalization is complicated. It doesn't mean a free for all. With drugs it takes the user and makes them a victim in need of social and medical intervention. The dealer etc is still a criminal.

Criminalization means both the user and provider are criminals

Legalization allows a certain economic sector to bank off of it
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    What we have nos in CA is legalization. But there is still wiggle room. Some muni's want to not have any sales places. Most of those arguing for sales places are basing their argument on tax revenues, and the money is substantial. Most of those arguing against legalized distribution centers are basing their arguments on the effects marijuana has had on juveniles, and also on the effects that such places might have on their businesses. One guy manufactures surgical robotics.

But it seems now that the legal sales places are able to do deliveries anywhere in the state. And then there also is still a black market.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think the main problem with California's legalization, is the increase in crackdowns and arrests when it comes to marijuana dealers and people growing their own plants. Increased penalties and increased criminalization for something that shouldn't be such a harsh crime. But it shows the link between the corporate world, government and law enforcement. Laws are enforced when it benefits the private sector.... Meanwhile, California faces a meth epidemic that's pretty much unchecked. But lets get all the illegal weed off the streets to benefit the tobacco and alcohol distributors controlling the legal marijuana trade....
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ All good points.

They could back off on the underground marijuana dealers and home plant growers. While still doing what they think best with the legal distributors.

A lot of this does have to do with commercial interests, and local governments act just like commercial interests.

SJG
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Top selling Girl scout cookie seller two years ago set up a table outside the dispensary..... She sold a shitload.... When my kids were selling they sold like 1500 boxes each which got them in the presidents club. That girl sold over 60,000 boxes outside the dispensary
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Another huge problem coming up is all the kids that claim they need it and sign up for a medical card.... fast forward 20 years when they are applying for insurance and that shows up on their medical history. You would rather have a drug conviction than that on your record
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are inspired by the Hitler Youth. I've explained this to some of the adults at the cooking selling tables.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    In CA we don't have the medical cards anymore. And those never were for kids.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Meth really does hurt people. Some say the meth capital is Oklahoma City. But others say it is Fresno CA.

It is everywhere.

SJG
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    SJG,

Kids to me is anyone under 25.

I'm sure you did talk to the parents at the cookie booth, I always hated that, 5 potential buyers would walk by while you lectured the parents. Waste of their time, your time, and the kids time..... why can you not keep your opinions to yourself, not every person needs to know what an uneducated, inexperienced, asshole thinks about the way they live their life and raise their kids
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I did it politely and when no buyers were around.

But "their kids" cannot be taken literally.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    The prison industrial complex is a huge problem.... And southern cities like Bakersfield and Victorville, San Bernardino, are really affected by meth. I know Bakersfield is really bad
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Thanks for that info. I know some of those places are populated by some pretty hard living people, the oil rigs and all.

And yes, our prision industrial complex is a very big problem.

I now do feel that it would be right to lighten up on the underground marijuana dealers. The reasons for cracking down on them are not good.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    The problem with drugs is that we need to address the social factors leading to drug epidemics. From every angle, what economic and social scenarios push one person to sell drugs and another to consumer. Prison doesn't help. Addressing social problems does.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ words of wisdom!

No shit, I'm impressed!

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Thanks. It's true though. Programs like homeboy industries for example do more to stop gang violence than injunction s and broken window policing ever can.

Give people something to live for and they'll be productive members of society
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Thanks. It's true though. Programs like homeboy industries for example do more to stop gang violence than injunction s and broken window policing ever can.

Give people something to live for and they'll be productive members of society
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ Very true!

had to deal with broken window type policing here too. Some people think that way, especially the real estate industry.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Yeah, when gentrification comes into play.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    For over about 1/2 of our elected office holders, continuing gentrification is THE issue.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Developers pretty much bought CA. Look at the last election when rent control measures were defeated. Thats all thanks to developer money.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Real Estate has always been the number 1 scam!

Bogus Gold Rush, just to get more Anglo's here, to out vote Latinos and petition for statehood, just to open the door to real estate profiteering.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Everything before local governments is always at core about real estate prices.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Essentially, history repeating itself. That's why gentrification is just a phase of internal colonization.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    "internal colonization"

Well chosen words. And essentially the same as what Marx and Engels were saying in 1848.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdYLRTGm…

They are saying that the French Revolution did not go far enough. It left the bourgeoisie in charge.

People have been trying to remedy that ever since, but mostly they haven't known how.

I think the time is now, and people know how, I know how.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I think we're slowly getting there. People are seeing that the current system is unsustainable. The minimum we're headed for is a social market like European capitalism...
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    I don't know why I skimmed this threadI had my best laugh today reading this quote from SJG....

"Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are inspired by the Hitler Youth. I've explained this to some of the adults at the cooking selling tables."

That shit is comedy gold lolol

But did you buy any Waffenwafers?
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    The Hitler Youth was modeled on the Boy Scouts....
  • Uprightcitizen
    5 years ago
    The boy scouts don't demand loyalty to dictator retard. The concept of nation and your contribution to it is only foreign to a parasitic loser like yourself. Why am I even responding to you...
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Upright, you sound like someone who is recruiting for the Hitler Youth.

SJG

Monica Lewinsky sounds off on the Mueller report
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/monica-lewins…

Gordon Lightfoot Sundown
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKYRjNAa…

Led Zeppelin: Live on TV BYEN/Danmarks Radio 1969
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-WSbMW7…
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Alex Berenson has also written against Marijuana.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion