tuscl

use of ^

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
^ You are an ass hole. When I see a post like this I am never sure who the remark is aimed at. It could be some one I have on ignore or it could be one of several posters above including myself. It would be better to address the comment to the intended receiver.

14 comments

• jackslash
    6 years ago
    Good point.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I usually use '^' when I'm posting right after the previous poster but sometimes someone else slides in b/f me then I have to correct it.

I would assume one could use the # of "^'s" to mean how many posts up - i.e. "^^^" meaning 3-posts b/f - but addressing the particular poster is more foolproof.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Good point Shadowcat it’s sort of a lazy habit we’ve developed.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ yeah
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    BTW whenever I see a post you’re an asshole I figure it’s for the guy who posted above me ;)
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    “I would assume one could use the # of "^'s" to mean how many posts up - i.e. "^^^" meaning 3-posts b/f - but addressing the particular poster is more foolproof.”
    Let’s not introduce another arcane code. I still don’t know WTF people are talking about when they use those stupid money codes: roses, $, $$, $.5, .5.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^^ fuck you Jackie

(you should know who that's for)
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^;)
  • blahblahblah23
    6 years ago
    U can use the ^ to say "ur an asshole ______" in the _______ space you put a name. Ur welcome cavemen
  • bang69
    6 years ago
    Good point shadowcat
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Did anybody else notice he called himself an asshole with that opening sentence? Nothin' but love for you 'Cat, but that made me chuckle.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    That means your ass is grass and I am the weed eater
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    >>>> I resemble that comment.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion