tuscl

Tennis US Open

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Players are dropping out because of the heat.

PUSSIES!!!

6 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    That is sad. Go to any college football stadium in the south on Saturday. See what the average temperature is on the field at game time. And those kids are wearing full uniforms and pads.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Never watch tennis so I could care less.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Scrotum.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Connors, McEnroe, Borg........................over the last 20 years the level of interest has declined for a reason........dropping out over the heat is just an indication as to why.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @nicespice Scrotumless
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Wow. Comparing the relative exertion of tennis players vs. football players is more complex than might at first be apparent. For instance:

Time actually played:

Football player: On the field between 25 and 35 minutes a game at most. In the case of running backs and wide receivers, even less as they are subbed situationally. Ditto for defensive players.

Tennis players: In a five set match, they are on the court for 3 to 5 hours for 100% of the game!

Percent of time engaged in the act of playing:

Football players: Average time between plays is 30 to 40 seconds; average length of play is between 7 and 12 seconds.

Tennis players: Time per point averages between 2 seconds (service ace) and one minute (volley duel). Time between points is between ten seconds to as much as a minute for an end change.

What do players do during their time on the sidelines:

Football players sit on the bench and drink lots of iced water and Gatorade under the watchful eye of a team physician.

Tennis players also sit and take a few chugs if Gatorade that isn't super cold anymore.

I've played football, tennis, hockey and lacrosse. To me, the physical demands from hardest to easiest went lacrosse, tennis, hockey and football, although football practice would generally be in second place if it was done right. I laughed at the football conditioning exercises after a summer of playing lacrosse.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion