tuscl

Clothed Dances?

vasl
USA
Tuesday, August 7, 2018 9:52 AM
Are there bars and non strip club venues that offer dances from women in their bikinis etc.? I have a client who is opening a beach club and wanted to have a room/side club. Is that legal? Does that exist? I know many people aren't excited about that, but its better than nothing and if its cheap and gets people in the door?

11 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    I’ve been to clubs that the women never remove any clothing, wearing skimpy bikinis, one in particular was in PHX years ago. Usually they’re called go-go dance clubs and not sure if they offer lap dances or not (likely not). Not sure how a city permit would work with such a type of club, guess that depends on the local municipality. Depending on where this is a local government can shoot this down real quick. On the other hand I had a friend that owned a bar and wanted a deck. City turned it down. To retaliate he threatens to open a strop club in the middle of the downtown area because there was nothing in the bylaws that said he couldn’t. Eventually the city caved in and gave him his deck.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    I have worked at clubs like that in southern California. If there’s alcohol being served, it’s bikini dances only. And some of those clubs would get very busy so yes it’s legal and not unheard of
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    Oh, but they were advertised as strip clubs and probably licensed as such. I don’t think girls are supposed to sell lap dances at bikini/gogo bars and clubs.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    The only places where I’ve seen clothed lap dances were in Orange County and San Diego Calif. I did not buy any dances. Legal issues surrounding strip clubs depend heavily upon local law, so it’s not possible to say in the abstract whether a particlar course of action is or is not legal. You also need to state your legal question a lot more clearly if you expect potentially useful answers.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Unfortunately the "strip clubs" near Cincinnati (actually in Northern Kentucky) are all bikini clubs. No nudity allowed but lapdances are permitted.
  • vasl
    6 years ago
    Yes this was in Phoenix. Yes they aren't a strip club or licensed, just wanted dancers there legally. There would be no stripping.
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    Don't know about phoenix specifically but most places still require clubs that offer lapdances, even with no nudity, to be licensed as a "sexually oriented business" or whatever the local terminology is.
  • MrBater2010
    6 years ago
    I can confirm the San Diego Clubs. Well at least back on 2004. Even if you did a VIP dance it was only a little bit more flitery. Best to check City, County,State code. They can fuck you anyway anytime they want. We have had a lot of that in the Metro Atlanta area over the last few years. And there are a number of clubs that are gone because of it. Even non strip clubs have had to put up with it. Lilburn,GA is a good example and to me the funnest. They stopped alcohol sales at any establishment that had entertainment. It could be poker games, DJ, Karaoke and yes even couples dancing, (Can't have people dancing and drinking). They ended up closing a few places and two years after they reversed the ordnance or changed it. It was an attempt to bring business back. As far as I know todate those that had left or got shutdown have not come back. And the buildings where they were have not been able to stay leased.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Most strip-clubs/bars seem to be governed at the city-level - ordinances vary all over the place depending on the city from not allowing any strip-clubs to full-nudity clubs. Many areas/cities do not allow nudity if alcohol is served - thus many areas are bikini *strip clubs* and as Zoey mentioned these places are likely licensed as strip-clubs vs just bars - I don't think a bar can just open up and allow girls to dance for $$$; but maybe they can as long as they are clothed? Down here in Miami strip-clubs are full-nude - but a black-club opened in the hood but did not allow the girls to remove any clothing - I assume it was b/c they did not have the proper permits to operate as a strip-club (at least for the time being). It could work but there are obstacles: 1) you may be competing with legit strip-clubs - why go to a regular bar and get less of an experience if there are surrounding strip-clubs w/ better action 2) the city may look the other way or you may get busted and perhaps have your liquor license suspended Almost all of us on-here are customers and doubt if anyone on-here knows the ins-and-outs of running a strip-club or similar business.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    St. Paul has a club with bikini dances. There is a glassed off stage where the girls will get nude but I think they get away with that by considering it a separate building. Kinda a weird vibe to the strippers under glass thing. Then they come out into the bar area and will give bikini dances as regular lap dances.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It depends on local laws. In NJ the strip clubs are bikini only - so even though they don’t strip - they still must be licensed.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion