tuscl

OT: Anyone know who this rapper is ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Monday, June 18, 2018 7:46 PM
Rapper XXXTentacion Dies After Being Shot in Florida Outside Motorcycle Dealer: Report Rapper XXXTentacion was fatally shot on Monday as he was leaving a motorcycle dealership north of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, TMZ reports. The Broward County Sheriff’s Office told PEOPLE that authorities could not confirm XXXTentacion (born Jahseh Onfroy) was the victim but that they had responded to a shooting at a Deerfield Beach motorsports dealer. The shooting was first reported at 3:57 p.m., according to the sheriff’s office. Sheriff’s officials said later Monday afternoon that the victim in that altercation had died after being hospitalized. The victim was described as an adult male but further information was not immediately released. Police dispatch audio obtained by TMZ shows the shooting was reported as a possible drive-by involving multiple gunshots. A witness said someone in a black Dodge SUV fired on someone in a black BMW, according to the dispatcher. An apparent onlooker at the scene soon shared video on Twitter that was widely viewed showing a man who looks like XXXTentacion sitting motionless in the front seat of a vehicle as someone checked his pulse. In his few years in the spotlight, the 20-year-old Florida native saw national success as a rapper as well as several high-profile run-ins with the law, including allegations he was abusive. His debut album, 2017’s 17, peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, and his follow-up in March, ?, debuted at No. 1. His single “Sad!,” also from March, cracked the Top 10 on Billboard’s Hot 100. At the time of the reported shooting this week, however, XXXTentacion was facing trial on multiple felony charges in connection with allegedly assaulting a pregnant woman. He repeatedly denied her accusations, which were detailed at length in a deposition previously published by Pitchfork. In a separate incident from 2015, according to Pitchfork, XXXTentacion pleaded no contest to armed home invasion and aggravated battery with a firearm charges. He was sentenced in that case to six years’ probation. XXXTentacion’s attorney did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment. A man who answered the phone at the dealership where the shooting was reported said they could not discuss it due to the ongoing investigation. [view link]

20 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Very sad - he was only 20 - seems he was well-known even though he's had a short career.
  • Corvus
    6 years ago
    Believe it or not Papi, I had never heard of this guy. But when I read he was sitting in his $148,000 BMW when a robbery went down it didn't surprise me. I never take my $148,000 BMW out of the garage.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    They all sound the same to me.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    RIP, one of the new wave of rappers that was rapping about different things, not about money, cars, and girls.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    RIP
  • londonguy
    6 years ago
    Rap music is an oxymoron.
  • standupguy81
    6 years ago
    Dude rapped about and said a lot of demonic things. Not sure if it was for attention or what, but i can't feel sorry for him.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Never heard of him till I saw that story in the P. B. Post but I wondered what the fuck anyone was doing in a speed shop at 4AM
  • Pizza (hiatus)
    6 years ago
    My favorite XXXTentacion moments: XXXTentacion gets tossed into a metal barrier: [view link] XXXTentacion gets knocked out on stage: [view link] XXXTentacion punches a fan in the face: [view link] My favorite XXXTentacion song: [view link] R.I.P.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Sorry to hear of his sudden passing. I’m not familiar with his music - or his life. RIP.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    I never heard of him before all kinds of conspiracy theory bull shit about him being connected to the illuminati started showing on on my FB. Bunch of weird fucks.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Papi_Chulo "Very sad - he was only 20...". Somehow I don't find this sad at all. Now had he been Joe Badabing, just your average working class citizen, that's sad. But 10 to 1 says this guy was part of that part of our "culture" were these things are the norm. Everyone has that moment in time were the face the choice of their path. He chose his and paid for it with his life. You chose another path and here you are on TUSCL talking about naked women that will f*&% you! I get real tired these days of those winning about results of someones life choices. I'll call the death of a soldier that risked his life for my freedom, sad, but not this dude!
  • laplap1974
    6 years ago
    Never heard of him till he got shot. He had a rough beginning and I read he was changing his life around. Sad he didn't see his total change to the end.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    Why is it against the law to shoot a rapper?
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ that's cold
  • rane1234
    6 years ago
    Yeah troubled kid...psychologically. rip though
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Shooting suspect arrested in death of XXXTentacion A suspect has been arrested in the death of rapper XXXTentacion, according to police. Dedrick D. Williams was taken into custody Wednesday, two days after the artist, whose birth name was Jahseh Onfroy, was gunned down in South Florida. The arrest was confirmed to the Daily News by Broward County Sheriff’s Office Captain Robert Schakenberg. XXXTentacion, 20, was outside a motorsports store in the Miami area’s Deerfield Beach when two armed men approached him in what is believed to have been a robbery, according to sheriff’s investigators. They then allegedly fled in an SUV. Charges for Williams, 22, include first-degree murder, a probation violation for theft of a car motor vehicle and driving without a valid license. After the arrest it was not clear if police were still looking for another suspect. [view link]
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ IDK - per the mugshot he looks innocent
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    This news totally floored me. It wasn't the cops who shot him? Based on media accounts, I thought all young black men who get shot are victims of police brutality.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ white cracker
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion