tuscl

OT: Canada's House of Commons votes to legalize marijuana

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Canadian lawmakers on Monday voted to legalize recreational marijuana nationwide.

The House of Commons voted 205-82 to accept some of the Senate's proposed amendments on the bill, sending the bill back to the upper chamber for continued debate and a final decision.

The bill would lift a 95-year-old ban on recreational marijuana, and sets the government up to regulate production, possession and sale of marijuana to Canadians over the age of 18.

The House of Commons turned down some of the Senate's proposed amendments, including a ban on pot producers selling branded merchandise and giving provinces the power to ban home-grown marijuana, according to CTV News.

The Senate could take its next step forward as early as Monday evening. Lawmakers have said they expect marijuana to be legal and available around September.

Regulated medical marijuana has been legal in the country since 2001.

In the U.S., medical marijuana is legal in more than two dozen states, and recreational marijuana is legal in nine states and Washington, D.C.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions in January reversed the Obama-era "Cole memo" that allowed states to legalize recreational marijuana. Sessions has been a vocal opponent to legal marijuana.

Breaking with his own attorney general, President Trump said earlier this month that he would likely support a bipartisan bill that would allow states to regulate marijuana without federal interference.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/can…

6 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    hmmm Juice brings buckets of chackin to the club, jaskslash brings a case of computer screen cleaner, JS69 and Papi are going to bring weed in, although JS69 will smoke all his himself, Papi will use it to lure in the dancers!
  • joc13
    6 years ago
    I didn't think it would be possible for Canadians to get more mellow and laid back, but then there's this
  • SirLapdancealot
    6 years ago
    joc13 it is just a formality just like the legalization in the US is. Some of the best weed on the planet has been coming from Canada for years. In the 90s it was a treat to get some "BC bud" from up north.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I often share my weed with strippers. It makes them feel more like happy sluts. I would share with other tusclers but most of you have not yet realized Mary Janes potential.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    I often share my weed with strippers. It makes them feel more like happy sluts. I would share with other tusclers but most of you have not yet realized Mary Janes potential.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Sorry, JS. There is no amount of weed that could make me slutty for you.... ;-D
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion