tuscl

Spell-check Vs Auto-correct

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Years ago, programmers came up with spell check. You are typing away and spell check would highlight the word that you misspelled. Then you just go back to the highlighted word to change your typo. Very simple.

I'm not sure when it happened but spell check has all been replaced by auto-correct. This does't highlight your mistakes. It makes assumptions on what you are typing and then changes the word to something that is close to what you typed. But it does the change without you knowing it. And many times the word that it changes it to is not anything close to what you intended to type. Many times the word that it puts in totally changes the entire sentence.

I absolutely HATE auto-correct. Is there any way to get rid of it ? Who came up with this stupid program?

7 comments

• Clubber
    6 years ago
    Simple, if bothersome, solution. Proof what you type before sending!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Turn it off in your settings
  • tijuana_tim
    6 years ago
    I dunno, down here in Tijuana we just got Windows 95 last week. I’ve been trading dirty photos in AOL chat rooms.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I use Juicespell it’s the best.
  • chessmaster
    6 years ago
    Autocorrect is retarded. Just another example of technology dumbing down society. I think autocorrect is only a thing because so many people are too lazy to spell the whole word.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    It can be very annoying. It rarely gets the word it’s correcting - correct!

I’m impressed with the way some voice recognition software works. It’s not as bad as autocorrect.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    auto-correct IS A BIG PROBLEM

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion