tuscl

If you were 25 again...

Thursday, April 19, 2018 6:12 PM
Would you invest more of your money or less? Would you work more hours or less? Would you travel more or less? (Or the same). Etc.

27 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    I would work a LOT more. I now know that how much fun you have is controlled by now much money you have. Put in the work when you are young, then have more later in life to enjoy.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I would definitely invest more of my money. I wouldn't necessarily work more, but I'd work differently and set better goals.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I don't want to be 25. He's a grouch, and a grump.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Actually Ishmael is correct. Probably wouldn't have to work more, but work smarter. And I would stop working for others sooner. Best thing I did ever was quit my JOB and open my first business. Being 25 and having the knowledge I have now would be kind of nice.
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    The only thing I would have done differently is go about what I was doing with less guilt and regret. I think attitude is (not money or anything else) is what shapes our life experience
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    " Put in the work when you are young, then have more later in life to enjoy." It doesn't necessarily work that way. I've seen several people work their whole lives with the intention of retiring with their savings and the intention of enjoying their retirement only to end up too decrepit to do anything or they just die. The key is to pace yourself and enjoy life while you're living it.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    I think if I was 25 again I would become a strip club DJ. Everyone always talks about how they get a lot of free pussy and I could finally not have to listen to shitty music while at the club.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > Would you invest more of your money or less? Less. IME, $25 today is better than getting fucked out of your green by a white boy with no vaseline with the promise of $500 in 50 years. Stock market-based 401K's are the ultimate ROBs. "You can do anything you want in 50 years... just submit your pound of flesh... every pay period... That's what my other customers do!" > Would you work more hours or less? When I was 25 ... more hours probably. I worked way too fucking much at 26, though, and got fucked by Mister Shitpacker. > Would you travel more or less? (Or the same). Etc. More, definitely.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    > I think if I was 25 again I would become a strip club DJ. Everyone always talks about how they get a lot of free pussy and I could finally not have to listen to shitty music while at the club. According to reliable sources, you could do a lot better as a male hairstylist. And the honeys you can pull that way aren't getting lined up to be fucked by the short bus full of recruits.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I would have stayed single.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    i would work like i do now, and party like i did then now
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @flatulance I detect some jealousy there I am twentyfive not you.
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    First of all, I would try finding a different job than the one I had then. Something that actually paid. I would then invest most of it. I had no business going to strip clubs as much as I did then.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I would enjoy my young years more. I was too responsible at 25. If I enjoyed it more - maybe I wouldn’t be in my 50’s trying to make up for what I missed?
  • Carlsbad83
    6 years ago
    Definitely would not get married... especially to someone who does not pull her fair weight economically. Probably go back and pursue my first girlfriend. Start saving at age 26 and not 42.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    I was the worst kind of tightwad in my 20s, but I'm in can't-take-it-with-you mode now. That's probably the way it should be.
  • impala
    6 years ago
    Would have actually continued going to school and got an advanced degree so I could make more money now
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    If this assumes you know at 25 what you know now I’d not have stayed in college, and instead I’d have gotten involved in a business much sooner, if the results are the same I would have been just as well off.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    I should have done much MORE dating before getting married at 26 (if at all) and LESS jerking off.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Invest more, spend less on material items but increase travel.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I would go a lot further in educating myself and making sure I am working on my own ventures. "Investing", no I don't go along with that, just glorified gambling, actually contributing to a steady stream of upwards wealth transfer. Put your money and your time and energy into your own ventures. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I would be much tougher in not only defending myself against The Herd, but in actually putting myself in places where it cannot touch me, and in making symbolic strikes against it, to gain bragging rights. SJG Vanilla Fudge - Full Concert - Live at Rockpalast - 2004 - GREAT! [view link]
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    FTS, I think I was generally doing it right at 25 y/o. I was living the life WRT women and sex. I wouldn't change much. "Would you invest more of your money or less? Would you work more hours or less? Would you travel more or less?" 1) I didn't invest except for 401k, which i foolishly raided, twice. Can't answer less, since less than zero isn't possible. 2) I worked 40 hr/wk, cant really work less than standard full time. Hard to work work more and still womanize. I'm torn on your middle question, assuming working harder or longer actually pays more. 3) I've never traveled and my wife's never been on a plane. I don't see how i could have traveled more at 25. Though I would like to treat myself to a vacation (at 40) that isn't a staycation. At 25 i did go on a lot of dates, even thought the credit card helped fill the gap, as I ran deficit of $100/mo back then, I wouldn’t trade any of those dates for the world. I. Just. Went. Out. With. Them. Often. Priceless. :) FTS, there’re a few things I'd approach differently. 1) buy less material items, incl. cars. 2) stop thinking that life is so long and that I'll have time to make-it-up. 3) I'd invest more in myself: education, and finish it quicker, harder. Money is the least off my concerns even though I don’t have much of it and i often run short of it I understand money doesn't buy happiness. Savings does buy security though.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    if i were 25 again, i'd try to bed at more civvies and maybe look sharper, clothes-wise
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    if i were 25... i’d stay SINGLE!!!!
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    If I was 25 again and knew what I know now, I'd buy as much Microsoft, Walmart, Google stock as I could and buy and hold. Id work the same. The only reason to work is to get a paycheck to pay bills and save for retirement. If I had enough to retire, fantastic.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    orionsmith, I admit if I were 25 again, it would be hard NOT to pull a Biff Tannen with Gray's Sports Almanac and buy certain tech stocks or bitcoin knowing their future gains. I'm with you there! ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion