tuscl

which $400 bill should I pay first

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:31 AM
sorry, this ain't have shit to do with SCs Gimme advice on this: my $400 water bill is due on April 30. (I had family over; shouldn't be that high again.) And I have my $200 student loan and $200 credit card bill also due on April 30. I'm only planning to pay one $400 bill this week and pay the other $400 bill next week since I have time. Would you pay the single $400 water bill first and pay the $200/$200 student loan/credit card next week or visa versa? I know it sounds stupid but I can't decide 1:400 then 2:400 or 2:400 then 1:400

22 comments

• Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Most times - not paying the water bill won’t get your water cutoff. Fucking with not paying credit cards and loan payments can effect your credit score. I’d pay the loan and credit card on time. There will be a penalty for paying the water late - but hopefully it’s not too painful.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    My advice is to stop going to strip clubs if you have this dilemma.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Don't be late paying the credit card or loan. That directly dings your credit rating. Call the water company and ask for a deadline extension due to extenuating circumstances (family visiting = huge bill). If not an extension, the perhaps they'll accept a partial payment without starting the clock on shutting off your water. Water utilities usually have forgiveness programs. Honestly, you can call all three institutions to see about forgiveness options. But the water company is your best bet. And, if you're having these budgeting issues, then maybe strip clubs aren't a good choice for you. At least not now.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ Good advice on the SCs Ishmael
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Is my calendar wrong or am I missing something ? Sounds like you will be able to pay everything due before the 30th.
  • gothamyte
    6 years ago
    Fellas, this has nothing to do with SCs I pay all my bills on time. They're not due until April 30. Today is the 12th. And I'm paying electronically. I'm just choosing to pay $400 in bills this week and $400 in bills the next. I'd pay them altogether now but honestly I was pissed at the $400 water bill especially since it was due to visiting family staying over so I'm not paying everything at once as a selfish protest. Nothing will be paid late. My normal water bill is like $75. This was outrageous but it's an accurate bill. I only asked because folks here seem good at money matters since we all P2P. But this has nothing to do with SCs which I'm on a break from now anyway until June. Current schedule is limiting me. Hoping someone had insight like always knockout 2 bills first if you can then a single bill later or go for the single bill first since its higher, then the lower 2 bills later, etc.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I’d just pay all of the bills not really knowing your situation but I maintain a mid five figure balance in my checking/discretionary account and I replenish it when necessary. I never have an issue with unexpected bills so I can’t really help you other than to tell you to build up your checking accounts so there is always more than you need on any given billing cycle.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    “ I never have an issue with unexpected bills so I can’t really help you” Humble-bragging - it’s the TUSCL way
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    Pay the cc and student loan first. CC interest accrues daily and probably the student loan as well so may make a minimal positive impact but I guess it depends on how much of your payment is going towards the principal. Pay the water bills in t
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'd cash in your bitcoin and use those proceeds before the crash.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "build up your checking accounts so there is always more than you need on any given billing cycle." Great advice. You should have also told him to win Lotto.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^He doesn’t need to win lotto he just needs to excercise some fiscal discipline, which means that your living expenses need to be covered and everyone should have 6-12 months expenses in an account before pissing away money on strip clubs, Starbucks and the other bullshit that these broke ass idiots waste it on, instead of minding their responsibilities.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I hope the advice from this board is a bit better than saying - A bird in hand is worth two in the bush! So pay the two - so you can get 4 times the pussy...
  • grand1511
    6 years ago
    Call/text your favorite strippers and see if they can loan you $400.
  • houjack
    6 years ago
    If you are paying all of them before they are due it doesn't matter at all. Just wait till next week and pay them all off at the same time.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    If you spend it on hookers - make sure your water doesn’t get turned off. It’s rough when you can’t wash the hooker stank off!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Can I eat the pork fried rice out of Asian whores pussy? I will be gentle with chop sticks - no splinters this time!
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    How did you get $400 bills, I didn't think U.S. currency came in that denomination. Must be new
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    Gotta take 25's position. Its like insisting you cant live without cavier and Dom on a month to month budget. No a recipe for success. Save your cash and if you are a student you must be young so dont waste your time in strip clubs. Sorry to be a bitch about it but clubs can wait.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Then pay your bills on time. The "selfish protest" thing seems entirely pointless.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    grand1511 has the right idea. Get a loan from a stripper. :)
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Stop using $400 worth of water. What are you doing, filling up the neighborhood’s swimming pools?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion