tuscl

Hey Papi where's you review?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Saturday, March 3, 2018 10:45 AM

21 comments

• Warrior15
    7 years ago
    At this point, I would be kinda scared to go in there. I would think the city would have LE all over the place looking for some other reason to shut it down. Strip clubs want a low profile with the city government.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    "Permits? We don't need no stinkin' permits!"
  • scgato
    7 years ago
    Been there a couple times. Not really poppin. Not too many dancers. Not too many customers. Drinking at the bar is ok. But sit down on the floor and drink prices are at E11even level. Place not that big. The biggest problem is that it’s bright af. They need to turn the lights down big time.
  • sinclair
    7 years ago
    About a decade ago, something similar happened in Memphis. Some outfit tried opening a strip club under the guise of a restaurant.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Next week when I'm in SoFlo, perhaps Papi and I can go there and each of us should we choose, may write a review of this testament to the fine government operating in Opa Locka. LMAO
  • whodey
    7 years ago
    scgato, are the drinks different prices at the bar vs if a waitress brings it to your table? Never seen that before.
  • scgato
    7 years ago
    At the bar it was $17 for two drinks. From the floor it was $24 or $26 for 2. The place is too bright and dancer quality not all that. The place is suppose to be upscale for ballers but not worth the money. I don’t even know how u would get dances cause dj was cutting songs every two minutes.
  • Warrior15
    7 years ago
    Well, there is your Review. Pass. On to Tootsie's or Deans Gold.
  • Cheo_D
    7 years ago
    If something resembling properly organized local government were the rule in MIADade County, maybe they'd avoid these headaches or solve them quickly. But that's too much to ask in Florida.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    "... Drinking at the bar is ok. But sit down on the floor and drink prices are at E11even level ..."

I've read of clubs where drink-prices are more expensive in the VIP seating-area, but not the whole-floor vs the bar.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    vm,

You mention ..."fine government operating in Opa Locka...". That may be what they're looking for, a monthly "fine" to the city. Just sayin'!
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I was the one that added this club to TUSCL after someone else mentioned the club in another review (didn't know it existed; officially opened in Jan 2018).

At first I thought it'd be a black club given it's location (on the edge of the hood) - Opa-Locka is a smallish (15k habitants) poorish city that is 65%-black and 35%-Latino - the 3 nearest clubs are black-clubs but they are not in Opa-Locka.

They seem to wanna go for the upscale vibe and also the party-crowd similar to E11even - a lot to ask-for for a club kinda in a bad-area and kinda far from everything else - but, a good-club can thrive anywhere if it's actually a good-club.

Not my type of club - don't like pretentious clubs - even then I usually like to scout new clubs just to see what they're like - but one dayshift TUSCL review said only one dancer, and a Yelp nightshift review the reviewer stated having to pay $20 to have his car parked in an empty field across the street - too-much shit to put up with and too-expensive for me to recon this club.

This club kinda took me by surprise since there aren't any clubs in the vicinity - thought it was odd how it popped-up all of a sudden - but I thought a city like Opa Locka would want all the business it can get but apparently they are too good for strip-clubs.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    This is the Uber business model. Don't worry about your business being illegal. Just do it any way. The government will cave and let you do it because the people will like your business and demand that it be available, it worked for uber, and tits/pussy are far more popular than car rides.

And oka-licka, or whatever the city name is, is ducked up.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Where is it? By the flea marker?
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    market, not marker
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ pretty-close to the flea-market - the flea market is on 127th st and 42nd ave - this club is on 135th st and 37th ave (about 5-minutes or less by car)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Okay, I know the spot. That's a strange location. It won't get any club hopping traffic. It's more of a destination location.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ It's kinda an industrial area - it does get a fair amount of traffic thru there particularly during the day b/c 37th-ave connects to the Palmetto Expressway
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    "About a decade ago, something similar happened in Memphis. Some outfit tried opening a strip club under the guise of a restaurant."

I have eaten in a lot of strip clubs, but there was nofood was not involved.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    "About a decade ago, something similar happened in Memphis. Some outfit tried opening a strip club under the guise of a restaurant."

I have eaten in a lot of strip clubs, but there was nofood was not involved.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    Oops... There was no food involved.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion