tuscl

Strip clubbing is saving my life...

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Is Social Security to blame for so many men dying at 62?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/02/13…

11 comments

• Mate27
    7 years ago
    More fake news, right Donald Trump?

The article fails to point out the reason why the jump of 2% for those who take social security at age 62, is because they already have a pre-existing medical condition. The biggest factor in deciding when to draw social security is your health, and if you’re feeling healthy you are more apt to delay. Those who are feeling sick will file ASAP, like at age 62.

It’s not because they all of a sudden retire and have no purpose in life. Shit, with all the resources to entertain ourselves the only other possible scenario I can envision is people who have such dire situations financially that they give up on life because the reality of how broke they are living on pittance of social security alone is enough to depress that person to engage in poor lifestyle for a quick death.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Retirement is the greatest. I do whatever I want every day.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    Health is the bigger indicator particularly lower body and leg strength in longetivity. True in dogs and true in man.
  • Array
    7 years ago
    I’ve known several people who retired and died relatively soon thereafter. Work was their life, and they couldn’t adapt to not working. Meat is right that there is so much to do besides work. But these guys couldn’t figure that out and they died. I retired at 63 and I feel like I’m busier than ever.

But Jack is right too. When I retired the best advice I got was to remember that when you’re retired, every day is a Saturday!
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    Having spent my entire life working and going on vacation there would be no point to retire and go on vacation. I have averaged 25 ski day; 65 golf days and 100 poker/gambling days a year for about 30 years. The idea of retiring and just doing my entertainment would cause me to die of alcoholism/drugs in about 20 months. Maybe part-time at 70.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    sc,

I guess 66 was good for me, at least so far.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @skibum I'm with you. On career #2 now and.about tired of it. Already making plans for career #3.
  • bvino
    7 years ago
    I will be more active when I retire not less. Sitting all day in my office isn't making me healthy nor does the stress of working with idiots help my blood pressure. If you go sedentary at 62 you are probably already a slob to start with. I always answer people the same way when i am asked what i will do in retirement. I will do whatever I want. Of course having money helps.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Looking forward to retirement soon, I think it’ll be great to do exactly what I want when I want, with the only demands on my time are my priorities. Thank god im not going to be dependent on SS, as it would severely restrict what I hope to be able to do.
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    I retired at 57 and started drawing my Social Security at 66. now I got to go back to work because i am running out of money. the Social Security amount is decent but I need more to enjoy the ladies more. my ex takes literally all my pension.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    No disrespect Justme, but the takeaway I have for the best financial plan is to never get divorced , or never get married. Since there’s no crystal ball, carefully vet your partner.

If you can eat with her, sleep with her, and not fight with her with her annoying the shit out if you, then the marriage may work. My motto is to make sure she can make a financial contribution to the marriage, that way it’s a two way street.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion