tuscl

No clubbing in Atlanta today.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
We got hit by our annual snow storm last night. 2-3 inches at my house and with a temperature of 18 it is not going away soon. Glad I went yesterday and got the pipes cleaned out.

15 comments

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Who's pipes ?
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    2-3 inches is a snowstorm?
  • Huntsman
    7 years ago
    Glad you went yesterday? I thought you were grossed out yesterday.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    VM - mine.
    jackslash - it is when you don't have many snow plows, sand trucks or experienced snow removal workers. Too expensive to buy to use once a year.
    Huntsman - Yes. Glad I went yesterday and got my pipes cleaned out before the snow storm made travel today unadvisable. Yesterday ended on a gross out.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    The number of car crashes in Atlanta metro area is already above 500. Over 70 in my county alone. Now that the sun has been up a while, people will get restless and head out and make it even worse.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    I used to live in Atlanta. No one there knows how to drive in snow.

I’m sure the grocery stores shelves are bare.

They act like it’s the apocalypse and need to stock up for months there whenever it snows just a little bit.
  • clubdude
    7 years ago
    Ah, the advantages of living in Michigan during the winter!
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Ah the advantages to living in Floriduh Make fun of us all you want, we don’t get snow other than flurries every couple of years and as far as I can remember it never sticks.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Is the snow accumulating on the roads and/or are the roads iced over?
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    According to the GA navigator all interstates are open no delays. I suspect that after dark some place will freeze over from the melting snow and there will be some black ice.

Ah the advantages of living in Atlanta during the Hurricane season. :)
  • JuiceBox69
    7 years ago
    GA governor issues a state of emergency LMFAO
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    As shadowcat says, snowstorms are not common enough to justify the major expense of snow removal equipment or crews. Several years ago when I was wintering in SoFlo, I booked a flight out of Atlanta to the West Coast. They had their annual snowstorm the day before and picked up a 1/2 foot of snow. Atlanta shut down, shadowcat and I talked as I made my way to Atlanta, he advised me not to come. I told him I'd be careful and avoid the local drivers. The roads were bad, ice covered with a 6 inch snow topping. I made it to Atlanta fine and the next morning, I made 2 Southern gals' day by cleaning the snow off their car in Hartsfield's parking lot.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    vm,

Did you at least get a dance from them?
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @Shadowcat I seem to rememyAtlanta soiling their pants about Maria last summer ;) jes sayin.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    twentyfive - Not me. I am EWINS certified.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion